PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio GSM
Carrier: at&t
Threadstarter

razzix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: How do i remove VZW data connection or set my own to default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
So to elaborate. Name a blank text file from blank.txt to HTC_CM_guardian.exe then copy to windows directory using total commander or other explorer.
its not working for me as of now for the connection manager. it does however work for the ICS dialog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
is there another hack for this specific issue. (removing the default data connection) cuz I always keep my default SprintPCS connection, so I don't know.

I just know this works for the Phone as Modem connection.

I can include other stuff inthe cab if multiple things need simultaneous removal.
After a little playing with the registry i stumbled upon HKLM>Services>CMGauridan DLL -- i changed the value to !CM_Guardian_Service.dll -- Now after softreset the VZW connection no longer restores itself and I am able to leave my MEdia Net data connection as the default for now. Feel free to add this to your .cab Shaggy I hope it helps others as well

TY for all the help guys!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: How do i remove VZW data connection or set my own to default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzix View Post
After a little playing with the registry i stumbled upon HKLM>Services>CMGauridan DLL -- i changed the value to !CM_Guardian_Service.dll -- Now after softreset the VZW connection no longer restores itself and I am able to leave my MEdia Net data connection as the default for now. Feel free to add this to your .cab Shaggy I hope it helps others as well
since this is a new value to me and I don't have it or that device, could you export the reg so I know it will work for everyone.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: !SOLVED! - How do i remove VZW data connection or set my own to default.

Here ya go shaggy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip guardian.zip (291 Bytes, 36 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

razzix is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Here ya go shaggy.
ty for posting the reg for shaggy, been tied up with finals >_<
Old 01-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

t2fuller is a n00b

Hey guys, also using Imagio on AT&T. I have never used AT&T before and as such I have been trying to get all the MEdia Net settings configured correctly on my device. Thanks for the solution for the VZW settings, that will be helpful...however, I have noticed on MEdia Net, my TouchFlo weather data does not update. I have to switch back to the VZW network to get updates. In case my MEdia Net settings are wrong, could you post your settings if you get a chance? And does your weather work? Thanks for the help in our unique situations.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

imtheman is a n00b

Quote:
Just got my Imagio a coupla days ago and have had loads of fun tweaking. Currently have its SIM unlocked and riding ATT's network. Just about everything runs smooth as silk however the data connection keeps defaulting to VZW. I have an ATT data connection setup and when I manually set it to the connection i have created it runs beautifully. I even deleted the VZW connection because atm i am not utilizing their service (weird situation). After every soft reset the VZW connection still comes up and sets itself to default. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to permanently delete the VZW connection or @ least set the media net connection to default so i dont have to manually set the connection each and every time i soft reset after a reg tweak(it gets rather old)?
How did you unlock your phone...
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: telcel

conocelo is a n00b

Quote:
its not working for me as of now for the connection manager. it does however work for the ICS dialog.

TY for all the help guys!
i also try with the cab in this post. but it dosent work for me.
Also try the method you explain on this post. and all i get i when i reset de phone it gets to a cycle and never turn on. i have to hard reset.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: telcel

conocelo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conocelo View Post
Also try the method you explain on this post. and all i get i when i reset de phone it gets to a cycle and never turn on. i have to hard reset.
ohhh i was using a crappy regedit, i tried with the one you used. and it worked !!!! Thanks!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

razzix is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2fuller View Post
Hey guys, also using Imagio on AT&T. I have never used AT&T before and as such I have been trying to get all the MEdia Net settings configured correctly on my device. Thanks for the solution for the VZW settings, that will be helpful...however, I have noticed on MEdia Net, my TouchFlo weather data does not update. I have to switch back to the VZW network to get updates. In case my MEdia Net settings are wrong, could you post your settings if you get a chance? And does your weather work? Thanks for the help in our unique situations.
I remember running into the situation myself a while back. I believe it was resolved by disabling the proxy settings within connections manager. I am not too sure but I will be performing a master reset in the next couple of days(too many tweaks with arcsoft to try and get receiving MMS to function -- can send just fine but cannot receive) so I will keep you posted after i go through the steps again myself. I believe these are the medianet settings i used wrapped up in a tasty cab file -- XDA thread number - 337481 (sorry forum rules wont let me post links yet)

EDIT: -- I resolved the issue by disabling the proxy settings in the connection manager. Let me know if you need further assistance I can walk you through all the ATT settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheman View Post
How did you unlock your phone...
I had to leave the country for a couple of weeks and did not want to pay out the nose for international charges so I picked up a pre-paid sim from a german carrier and called VZW for the unlock code.

Quote:

Quote:
ohhh i was using a crappy regedit, i tried with the one you used. and it worked !!!! Thanks!!!
I am really sorry to hear you had some bad results the first go around and I am glad to hear you finally got it working!

Last edited by razzix; 02-05-2010 at 11:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio