PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 11:10 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
5MP Camera... seriously? help please

As much as i love my hero, this thing takes really crappy pictures for a 5mp camera. I know that its a phone and not a digital camera but the quality and sharpness is embarrasing compared to my Palm Pre with a 3.2 that used to take excellent pictures every time. Anybody know any settings to modify to get the most out of my camera?

Thanx
Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

VoXHTC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 5MP Camera... seriously? help please

This camera is very picky. You have to hold it completely steady and let it auto focus. My pictures come out great.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

My pix always come out good
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I have great pics. Look in that pic thread, there is a guy who took a pic that looks professional with his hero haha and it was in low light!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley
Smile Re: 5MP Camera... seriously? help please

Remember, it's still a camera. You need to adjust the ISO from AUTO to get it to stop being blurry, or else it's going to try to guess what level it should be at. Just set it at 800 and you'll be fine.

Just like on a real camera, if you set the ISO or f-stop too low, you can have a million dollar camera that just takes really really bad pictures (blurry). Enjoy!

Nope, I just read a lot.
This post has been thanked 47 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbeasley View Post
Remember, it's still a camera. You need to adjust the ISO from AUTO to get it to stop being blurry, or else it's going to try to guess what level it should be at. Just set it at 800 and you'll be fine.

Just like on a real camera, if you set the ISO or f-stop too low, you can have a million dollar camera that just takes really really bad pictures (blurry). Enjoy!
This is exactly what i was looking for!! Thanx everyone for their feedback since i knew something was up, but the iso setting really helped a lot so thanx goes to you.

I am yet to find any real issues with the Hero. Best device i have ever had
Old 11-03-2009, 11:09 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbeasley

Will thank and put on the tips and tricks thread, Maybe even in my signature when I get to a pc. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:

Wow what a difference, thanks a million. =D> It actually feels like a 5MP camera now.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:

Seriously, incredible. Any more tips please post them! I also noticed if you adjust the white balance to whatever the lighting is it takes out the weird hue that I was getting.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Geniuz650 is keeping up the good workGeniuz650 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Genius!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero