PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

brandon200123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flash recovery image

Just rooted my phone yesterday, have the htc sprint hero. Was looking at the sticky hero tips/tricks/fixes and following the steps there. It says after you root your phone you need to flash recovery image so i go to that link and dont really understand the directions on how to do this. I searched for other threads but im still not sure exactly how to start this. Can someone please help me with this next step so i do it correctly. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon200123 is a n00b
Re: flash recovery image

If someone can just get me started. it says you have to access the sd card to do it...how to i now access that? does it mean through plugging it into my computer and opening it that way? also it says you need to type things in, where do i type this info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

tank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Download Rom Manager from the market and use it to flash clockwork recovery it is very easy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon200123 is a n00b

Is that the one that $4.99? If i do it with the ROM manager that i download do i then not have to go in and type all that stuff like adb shell and the $ signs and such?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon200123 is a n00b

ok downloaded the ROM manager for 4.99 but when i try to open it says i need the free version as well from the market, only problem is, there is no free version. I emailed the app maker about this so hopefully he will get back with and tell me how to get the free version as well.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon200123 is a n00b

ok so while im waiting for the guy to email me back i decided to make sure my phone was rooted so i download shootme form the market and guess what, it wont open and force closes. I go back to the root installer and try to do it again and it says u are already rooted, i go ahead and root it again and i still cant open shootme so i guess im still not rooted. I did the easy one click root process and everything went as it should. Im about to pull what hair i have left out, someone please help here.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon200123 is a n00b

ok guy hasnt emailed me yet but i went online and found a site that had the app rom manager(appbrain). clicked to download app and it startes downloading, completes download, but then pops up and says installation unsuccessful, have tried many times now with same results. Kicking myself in the butt ow for downloading the $4.99 one and cant even use it . On that site it shows where people have downloaded and used teh app and rated in the last few days, cant understand why i cant download and install it. Please anyone help. Does anyone use this board anymore? Use to get help pretty quick on here.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brandon200123 is a n00b

ok if anybody is reading. went back and did manual rooting, everything went great and said it was all a success, did the nandroid back up, flash recovery and everything, went smooth. So im rooted right? apparently not try to open shootme and it force closes like befor. anybody?????
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

tank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you are root then you will have superuser in apps
the easiest way I have found to root is use superoneclick from HERE and then download the free version of rom manager from the market or check HERE and use it to flash clockworkmod recovery. can have root and custom recovery in less than 10 min

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero