PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (iphone's daddy)
Carrier: Sprint

godspeed6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone using the Plantronics Voyager Pro?

Is anyone with a Sprint HTC Hero using the Plantronics Voyager Pro (PVP)???

In the past, I've owned two Motorola bluetooth headsets, but they've been so bad, I never really used them and they just turned out to be a total waste of money. Long story short, if you're looking to buy a BT headset that actually works, the Voyager Pro is the shizzle! I love it.

Anyway, are any of my fellow Sprint Hero users, using one? Did a search of "Plantronics" in this specific forum and there's nada.

A few small things I don't like about the PVP is that I can't initiate a call with any of the buttons on the PVP. Anyone else have this problem? It would also be great if I could listen to the music through the headset, but it won't do it. If you're listening to music and you get a call, the music will stop for the call and right before music turns back at the end of call, you can hear the music through the earpiece--but only for a second and then it uses the phone speaker. Any work arounds?

What can you share about your PVP and its use?

Last edited by godspeed6; 12-16-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work
Re: Anyone using the Plantronics Voyager Pro?

I use them together, but I haven't really played with it much, to be honest. I try to limit my BT use to my car only.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (iphone's daddy)
Threadstarter

godspeed6 is a n00b
Re: Anyone using the Plantronics Voyager Pro?

I use mine at every opportunity, but only when I'm alone (home, car). I don't care what kind of headset I'm using, but I'm not wearing the thing out in public--Lame!

It's become especially handy since I've lost a significant amount of hearing in my right ear and also because I likely have an acoustic neuroma. I haven't been able to confirm it with an MRI, but I've got a few of the common symptoms. I'm happy to be able to keep any potential cell phone radiation exposure to a minimum...My right ear used to be my dominate cell phone ear.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero