PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: lol at this extended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
I'm not harassing the guy just to do so, there's just no reason that he, and more importantly Mugen should charge what they do for what little more they're offering

Edit: I've found it, it goes under the name of Touch Pro 2 battery (since our phones have the same battery form factor)
More about it here:
http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-...a-battery.html

Here's a buy it now that ends the 24th of April for ~$9.70
http://cgi.ebay.com/2000mah-Spare-Ba...item35a827520a
The reason he is charging that price is because that is what Mugen charges. The little guy on ebay is at the mercy of the big guy at Mugen. I just think you are going after the wrong person.

I have one of those andida batteries. For me, it was a toss up whether it lasted longer than the stock battery. For $10, it's a great battery to have as your primary/backup/etc. But with my usage, which would be considered medium compared to most people here, I wasn't lasting the entire day, or really much longer than the stock Hero battery. I decided I needed a true extended battery. The seidio 1750 mah was just a few bucks cheaper than the 3500 mah. For me, it was a no-brainer. Now, I can use the phone as much as I want, with all the goodies turned up to the max, and not have to charge my phone for 2 days. It's not any less pocketable.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
The reason he is charging that price is because that is what Mugen charges. The little guy on ebay is at the mercy of the big guy at Mugen. I just think you are going after the wrong person.
I have one of those andida batteries. For me, it was a toss up whether it lasted longer than the stock battery. For $10, it's a great battery to have as your primary/backup/etc. But with my usage, which would be considered medium compared to most people here, I wasn't lasting the entire day, or really much longer than the stock Hero battery. I decided I needed a true extended battery. The seidio 1750 mah was just a few bucks cheaper than the 3500 mah. For me, it was a no-brainer. Now, I can use the phone as much as I want, with all the goodies turned up to the max, and not have to charge my phone for 2 days. It's not any less pocketable.
wait you're saying the 1750mah was a big increase in performance or the 3500mah was?? Sorry for misunderstanding
My Epic 4G Battery Reviews
Beware of some 32GB MicroSD Cards
Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
wait you're saying the 1750mah was a big increase in performance or the 3500mah was?? Sorry for misunderstanding
Sorry if I wasn't clear...the 3500 was my choice. I didn't see the value in the 1750, when the 3500 was just a few bucks more.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear...the 3500 was my choice. I didn't see the value in the 1750, when the 3500 was just a few bucks more.
I figured so, I'm not ready to make this thing my permanent tank...as much as I love it. I wont get a battery like that until I get an Evo 4G equivalent with a physical keyboard.
Props to those who like virtual keyboards
Old 04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: BOOST MOBILE

krazeekirk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by michd View Post
Yup, I bought one of those too for $10 w/free shipping on ebay. I'm getting around an extra 4 hours out of it compared to the stock battery with no extra bulk added to the phone.

hey guys do you still have the link for that battery? thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeekirk View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/2000mah-Spare-Ba...item5ad83f0e20
Old 04-11-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Vogue, Diamond, Touch Pro, Hero, Evo

michd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeekirk View Post
Keep in mind that shipping takes 3 weeks.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michd View Post
Keep in mind that shipping takes 3 weeks.
aka order it ASAP!!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

damonwest2000 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to damonwest2000 Send a message via MSN to damonwest2000 Send a message via Yahoo to damonwest2000

checked the link..seen the seller , idk about batteries, but i have bought from him befor & his products are legit. Never had any default items from him before.hope that helps

Phones I've Ownd, Treo 600, Samung Blade, Treo 650, PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, HTC Hero,HTC EVO 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Dude nakedcellphone is a great ebay seller. i bought all my mugen extended batteries from him.. and that price is very good..and inline for a mugen batt. go ahead and pay 10 bucks for a noname.. and risk it.. but nakedcellphone never has a issue with them.. great shipping etc.. I only use mugen or seidio batts. more expensive.. but better quality..and if they are faulty very easy to return....

by the way u can get that mugen batt for 37 bucks from mugen..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories