PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

babyjordin23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you uninstall built in apps?

Man this is the ONLY thing i hate about Android...windows you can take and remove whateva you wanted from the phone, I had the Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2(still have)...and it was simple and easy, not being allowed to add and remove whatever i wont frm my phone sucks!..other than that I love android and i will never jump ship from it, but i hope they fix that crap!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjordin23 View Post
Man this is the ONLY thing i hate about Android...windows you can take and remove whateva you wanted from the phone, I had the Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2(still have)...and it was simple and easy, not being allowed to add and remove whatever i wont frm my phone sucks!..other than that I love android and i will never jump ship from it, but i hope they fix that crap!
I doubt it if it will ever change. You will have to root your phone to uninstall programs that were installed by sprint. But hey, maybe with gingerbread that will be an option.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jejb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjordin23 View Post
I agree. I also come from the WinMo world and it still aggrevates me I can't do a lot of the customizing I'd like, like removing Sprint from the Speed Dialer. I am fully rooted. But the pluses outweigh the minuses so far, so I'll stay with the Evo, too.

The app I'd like to get rid of is Gmail since I don't use it, but I'm afraid it would break the phone. But thanks to this thread, I'll at least try to freeze it.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Note 3
Carrier: sprint

kasey348 is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: How do you uninstall built in apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejb View Post
I agree. I also come from the WinMo world and it still aggrevates me I can't do a lot of the customizing I'd like, like removing Sprint from the Speed Dialer. I am fully rooted. But the pluses outweigh the minuses so far, so I'll stay with the Evo, too.

The app I'd like to get rid of is Gmail since I don't use it, but I'm afraid it would break the phone. But thanks to this thread, I'll at least try to freeze it.
if you don't want g mail just go to accounts & sync and top g mail you not want a be able to get any email
Old 12-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tedya is a n00b

I rooted through Unrevoked3 and when I attempt to delete system apps, e.g. amazon mp3, I get the droid with the yellow exclamation. I have to do a battery pull to recover.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedya View Post
I rooted through Unrevoked3 and when I attempt to delete system apps, e.g. amazon mp3, I get the droid with the yellow exclamation. I have to do a battery pull to recover.
I am rooted with unrevoked and I uninstalled nascar app with root explorer. Give that a try.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 12-26-2010, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Download Rom Manager and run the Permissions Fixer. I think that might be what's ailing ya

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G