PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: any word....

When I meet people from Craiglist I always choose public places like a busy gas station or the biggest and busiest local mall that has tons of security and people. Ironically I am 6'3" and 270lbs, so most of the time they are way more worried about me than I am of them.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Hero & Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xcon is keeping up the good workxcon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
on when the price of the evo will drop a bit? too much IMO for a 6 month old phone, even on an upgrade.

don't even get me started with the epic pricing!
Dude in all honesty how fast do you go through phones? And do you keep the ones that you buy or trade them for a new phone? How many times did you trade a pre and hero back and forth? I'm sorry lol, but it just seems like every other week you're in the bargain trader section posting up a trade offer for a different phone. Do you just get bored of phones that quickly? I am really not trying to be mean or sarcastic here man I'm just curious...
Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcon View Post
Dude in all honesty how fast do you go through phones? And do you keep the ones that you buy or trade them for a new phone? How many times did you trade a pre and hero back and forth? I'm sorry lol, but it just seems like every other week you're in the bargain trader section posting up a trade offer for a different phone. Do you just get bored of phones that quickly? I am really not trying to be mean or sarcastic here man I'm just curious...

not that it's your business but im a phone enthusiast. i try out new phones and if i don't like them ill get another one. plus im sitting on an upgrade.

i just think $300 & $350 for an evo or epic through sprint is a rip off on an upgrade.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
When I meet people from Craiglist I always choose public places like a busy gas station or the biggest and busiest local mall that has tons of security and people. Ironically I am 6'3" and 270lbs, so most of the time they are way more worried about me than I am of them.
LOL, unfortunately I am only 5'8" but I am pretty solid at 200lbs. Any time I meet someone from craigslist I always bring a friend and we both pack heat just in case(legally of course).

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well my pre is not doing good today so i guess i have no choice but to go and get the $300 charged to my sprint bill and make payments on it. i tried to get sprint to give me an instant rebate but they won't. i guess the promo ended on october 10th. i still think that's alot for an upgrade price. it's funny because sprint keeps telling me to go to best buy and i would if they would charge the fee's to my bill.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
LOL, unfortunately I am only 5'8" but I am pretty solid at 200lbs. Any time I meet someone from craigslist I always bring a friend and we both pack heat just in case(legally of course).

craigslist is a dangerous place to do business anymore. at least with ebay you have a money back gaurentee with paypal.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:24 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:

i just think $300 & $350 for an evo or epic through sprint is a rip off on an upgrade.
I definitely agree with that.
Which is why I have never used an upgrade in the 6 years I've had Sprint.
I always get the phones cheaper from friends, internet, or insurance.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I definitely agree with that.
Which is why I have never used an upgrade in the 6 years I've had Sprint.
I always get the phones cheaper from friends, internet, or insurance.

yeah but most of the people selling these devices are price jacking on craigslist and ebay. the goal was for me to save some cash. ill just get the evo tomorrow and make payments. doesn't matter anyways, when we get our tax return were moving to another carrier.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Hero & Evo 4G

xcon is keeping up the good workxcon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
not that it's your business but im a phone enthusiast. i try out new phones and if i don't like them ill get another one. plus im sitting on an upgrade.

Whoa whoa man easy, I was just curious, I too am a phone enthusiast. And I agree that the prices can be a bit steep but me being the new phone addicted individual I am I find ways to afford em lol
Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

i bought the evo today at the sprint store... still was $350 out the door with upgrade fees applied. what a joke!

but at least i can make payments via my bill for the phone, i have no spending limit.

couldn't even walk away with the phone today, they had to order one, it will be in tomorrow.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G