PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

skydeaner is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Ultimate evo kernel review site Evo Benchers

I stay over at xda most of the time so I'm not real familiar with the forum structure over here... so, if I stuck this in the wrong forum then permaban me and feed me to the wolves. J/k lol. Please don't do that haha.

Ok I spent a month or so testing custom and stock kernels on the evo. I put it all into a website here:

there are of course donate links for me and all the development tteams that aided my work on the website. help me save up for another phone! whatever the next big development phone on Sprint may be, I'm gonna need money for it lol. and.... my kids need some food, my food stamps just got cut. I'm a computer engineer that is out of work. enough sob story though. enjoy the results all. just rambling on.

I made that logo, by the way...... yea I'm cool, you don't have to tell me, I know already

Last edited by skydeaner; 10-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:59 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Ultimate evo kernel review site Evo Benchers

Wont ban ya just move it for you and we dont have wolves here but we have a plethora of trolls. Is this for Evo only or can other Android devices use it?

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I would love to do this with many Android devices but I only have an evo at the momen
Old 10-02-2010, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I put 10 iPhones on one side and an EVo on the other but the EVO slammed to the floor....
Old 10-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is sweet!! Thanks
Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

sorry I don't know what any of that means...lol... could someone explain it for me in lame man terms.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

so who won?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Looked to me like the netarchy alpha build. I may have seen wrong

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
so who won?
The results are all over the place. What wasn't done was taking a result of where each kernel ended up and gave an average list.

I.E Netarchy 4.1.9.1.BFS took 5th in linpack, 37th in fps2d deviation, 10th in fps2d, 15th in quadrant, 13th in lcd-on high, 4th lcd low freq on, 13th low lcd freq off.

I did find it a bit interesting to find stock kernels high on the lists in a test or two. Maybe someone should rip up the kernels and find what is making each one end up so high on the list and make a kernel with each of the winning factors.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah that alpha is going to be sweet once it gets the bugs worked out. It has graphical glitches and reboot oddities so don't use it yet. That is why it isn't on my dwonload page yet.

The current kernel I use after all this is kings bfs 9, but everyone likes different stuff. I used to use king's 6 for a little better battery life. It seems to last days and days. Kings 9 bumps up the smoothness and performance and still lasts for freakin ever lol.

Netarchy kernels are very fast if they could just idle. Once he gets the Idle mA down they are going to be awesome, and it looks like in the 5 alpha he took care of it. I can't wait for that thing to firm up.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G