PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: unrEVOked 3.0

someone want to do a quick tutorial write up? for total noobs. i'd do it but my phone was rooted the long way. maybe one of you guys that just rooted could write one? i tried explaining it from what i remembered about unrevoked2..

is that right? doesnt factory reset the device, so you keep all your info, apps, settings?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

m3xicanprid3 is just getting started

quick question rite here after ur done with all that. wat do u have to do. just umplug the usb cable or wat? i idi everythng good, until i was done but it did not say wat to do after ur finish. im on the screen where it says hboot usb plug. i did everythn but now wat? umplug it or wat?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

I take it you havent run the reflash.exe yet?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Almost a VIP

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3xicanprid3 View Post
quick question rite here after ur done with all that. wat do u have to do. just umplug the usb cable or wat? i idi everythng good, until i was done but it did not say wat to do after ur finish. im on the screen where it says hboot usb plug. i did everythn but now wat? umplug it or wat?

FIRST in windows 7, go to start menu and use the 'search' feature to find 'htc'. now run the uninstall sync and uninstall htc drivers. you need to uninstall both these before even starting. (also make sure usb debugging is enabled your phone settings>apps>development)

now that part is done, leave your phone at the white 'hboot' screen and plugged in to the computer

open up the 'evo reflash.exe' file on your computer and it should say 'waiting for device'

now on your phone navigate to 'fastboot' (press power button), then navigate to 'reboot' (press power button)

the phone will reboot and the evo reflash.exe program 'should' run thereafter. at some point it'll give you instructions to do something in hboot, just do what it says. then your phone will reboot into 'recovery' and at that point it should say 'done' on the evo reflash.exe program

from this new screen you can just press power to 'reboot system now' and your phone should now be rooted.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

will all ur files programs pixx etc will b deleted or no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
FIRST in windows 7, go to start menu and use the 'search' feature to find 'htc'. now run the uninstall sync and uninstall htc drivers. you need to uninstall both these before even starting. (also make sure usb debugging is enabled your phone settings>apps>development)

now that part is done, leave your phone at the white 'hboot' screen and plugged in to the computer

open up the 'evo reflash.exe' file on your computer and it should say 'waiting for device'

now on your phone navigate to 'fastboot' (press power button), then navigate to 'reboot' (press power button)

the phone will reboot and the evo reflash.exe program 'should' run thereafter. at some point it'll give you instructions to do something in hboot, just do what it says. then your phone will reboot into 'recovery' and at that point it should say 'done' on the evo reflash.exe program

from this new screen you can just press power to 'reboot system now' and your phone should now be rooted.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3xicanprid3 View Post
will all ur files programs pixx etc will b deleted or no?

saved. they wont be deleted
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thnk u i appreciate that i was waitng for this answer ima do it just rite one more time thnk u
Quote:
saved. they wont be deleted
Old 07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

"now that part is done, leave your phone at the white 'hboot' screen and plugged in to the computer"
How do I get there. I have removed all HTC, placed my phone in Debug mode and have my phone plugged into the PC in Charge Only.

I have run the Reflash.exe and it says, waiting for "Waiting for Device..."
Don't know where to go from here.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:

I have removed all HTC and done all that you instructed but the program never seems to detect my phone. Any advice? Suggestions?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

I cannot get unRevoked to see my phone. I know it is USB visible because when I place it in Disk Only, it appears as a drive. Do not know where to go from here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
latest root, rooting, unrevolked, upgrade