PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 03:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lokalori is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
rom manager "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery"

I have been trying to get rom manager to work on my phone, but I keep getting "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery" when I click flash clockworkmod recovery. I'm using calkulin 1.1 rom. Any one have experience with this?

-Loki
Old 07-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: rom manager "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokalori View Post
I have been trying to get rom manager to work on my phone, but I keep getting "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery" when I click flash clockworkmod recovery. I'm using calkulin 1.1 rom. Any one have experience with this?
-Loki
Sounds like you don't have Nand Unlocked.
What method did you use to root your phone?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I rooted with toast. I figured out that my problem was I didn't rename eng-pc36img.zip back properly. Now I was able to flash clockworkmod recovery. My problem now is that when I use backup current ROM it takes me to /!\ screen. Do I have to plug my phone into my computer to backup a rom?

-Loki
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I rooted with toast. I figured out that my problem was I didn't rename eng-pc36img.zip back properly. Now I was able to flash clockworkmod recovery. My problem now is that when I use backup current ROM it takes me to /!\ screen. Do I have to plug my phone into my computer to backup a rom?

-Loki
You may not have NAND unlocked.
When you get to the /!\ screen, you can hold Volume UP and hit the Power button. It will give you a chose to flash Update.zip. That's part of Rom Manager. Select it, and it should take you into the recovery screen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ok I ended up using the unrevoked2 flasher to get it to work. This has been slightly painful, but I think I finally have things figured out.

-Loki
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:

-Loki
I'm getting that error as well. Not sure i understand how you got it to go away. I'm on OMJ's Froyo 2.1
Old 08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
I'm getting that error as well. Not sure i understand how you got it to go away. I'm on OMJ's Froyo 2.1
Its funny you guys mention this because when I got my new phone the other day and rooted it via toasts method when I got CM6 up and running and tried to flash clockwork through ROM Manager it didn't work all day.

I tried like 5 hours later and it worked fine. Never figured out what was up with that but I was getting the same error and I hadn't changed anything that I know of..

Worse case scenerio you could always flash the clockwork recovery.img file directly in fastboot.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
Its funny you guys mention this because when I got my new phone the other day and rooted it via toasts method when I got CM6 up and running and tried to flash clockwork through ROM Manager it didn't work all day.

I tried like 5 hours later and it worked fine. Never figured out what was up with that but I was getting the same error and I hadn't changed anything that I know of..

Worse case scenerio you could always flash the clockwork recovery.img file directly in fastboot.
Thanks, but I did exactly what you did. I just kept trying and eventually it worked. lol. If first you don't succeed...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G