PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Returned Rooted Evo to Best Buy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000gtx View Post
Although u make a really good point an u are right on something but honestly i donated an contribute a lot and although that has nothing to do with anything , the dev or any hacker out there that hacks phone an release the software to root or jailbreak a phone, dont u think that the big companys have access to those too... as soon as the 3.1.2 version of the iphone got jailbroke the next week or a week after 3.1.3 came out.. once something is release free on the internet its open to all and im sure big companys have like a special team or a person that finds site like these than report back to there boss. the same for the sprintusers site there so much SPRINT reps that knows about thats website now and moniter it. but out of all respect since im only 20 u are absolutely right i honestly have no excuse why i dont relock the phone just pure lazyness i guess
You also have very valid points and I agree with you 100%. BUT and there is always a BUT. When CUSTOMERS start RETURnING rooted/unlocked phones BECAUSE they claim they are BROKEN or whatever this is what gives the companys the motivation to INVESTIGATE these things too see if they are the CAUSE of the problems and even if they arent it gives them an excuse to blame it on. When we all know that most unlocked and hacked devices are that way to RUN Better than stock, things get fixed after unlocking them. But as I said it gives them the motivation to start investigations etc etc. It takes LESS TIME to RELOCK than to UNLOCK for most items people just do us all the favor spend the two minutes relock before going to return your stuff... Pretty simple not hard not asking to much

ps. Sorry donating and contributing doesnt give you the right to return things unlocked does it? Im sorry seems like your using that as an excuse to return unlocked. I'm sure the dev much rather his work be a bit more secure than to get a small donation
Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint pcs

s2000gtx is just getting started
Smile Re: Returned Rooted Evo to Best Buy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
You also have very valid points and I agree with you 100%. BUT and there is always a BUT. When CUSTOMERS start RETURnING rooted/unlocked phones BECAUSE they claim they are BROKEN or whatever this is what gives the companys the motivation to INVESTIGATE these things too see if they are the CAUSE of the problems and even if they arent it gives them an excuse to blame it on. When we all know that most unlocked and hacked devices are that way to RUN Better than stock, things get fixed after unlocking them. But as I said it gives them the motivation to start investigations etc etc. It takes LESS TIME to RELOCK than to UNLOCK for most items people just do us all the favor spend the two minutes relock before going to return your stuff... Pretty simple not hard not asking to much

ps. Sorry donating and contributing doesnt give you the right to return things unlocked does it? Im sorry seems like your using that as an excuse to return unlocked. I'm sure the dev much rather his work be a bit more secure than to get a small donation
ur absolutely right thats why i said i have no excuse why i didnt relock.. just pure lazyness.. even now i decided to download the stock sprint rom and put it on my memory card just in case so now i have stock sprint un signed rom, fresh rom an omj's rom on my memory card. flashin roms on andriod phone are way too easy so i have no excuse
Old 06-27-2010, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO
Carrier: US Cellular/Sprint

ChadMichels is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000gtx View Post
ur absolutely right thats why i said i have no excuse why i didnt relock.. just pure lazyness.. even now i decided to download the stock sprint rom and put it on my memory card just in case so now i have stock sprint un signed rom, fresh rom an omj's rom on my memory card. flashin roms on andriod phone are way too easy so i have no excuse

Thats your best bet

Sprint
HTC EVO
Old 06-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

updated the first post.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
updated the first post.
I was having connection errors when I tried to go back to stock so here is what I did.

Power off the phone, and boot with the volume down button pressed.

Double click the exe file on the stock rom, get to the window right before it checks to see if the phone is connected.

In the initial menu on the phone select the fastboot option in the menu, then plug the usb into the phone.

Then follow the directions on the computer screen
Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint pcs

s2000gtx is just getting started

this is a follow up to the UPDATED 1ST POST... the easiest way to go back to stock to me is download the sprint stock zip file in the recovery menu u wipe data and clear the devil cache ( i think thats whats it called) than u go back an click on flash from SD and find the stock sprint zip and flash...
Old 06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so because the guy knew what he was doing he should have let you scam his company and you got pissed over it?

no you were in the wrong not him
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

quit crying OP...rootin voids the warranty period...u should kno this before u get into rooting...u now either try and unroot or live with it

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@imtjnotyou
@booboo

No I'm mad because of the guys attitude. I expect him to do his job but his attitude pissed me off. Don't act like you would be ok with it. And I'm well aware of the warranty being voided and hey booboo whats your deal? why is it that all of your posts are rude obnoxious bs?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you were wrong he was right.

end of story. if the truth hurts dont read it
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
best buy, exchange, refund, rooted