PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Am I the first idiot to lose his HTC EVO???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios3323 View Post
as the title says, for my bday I had one too many drinks and must had dropped in DC or something.... I've been looking everywhere, with no luck and yes yes I know I am an idiot!!!
next time as soon as you get the phone install this on it:

https://www.mylookout.com/

you can GPS locate it, I have this on my HD2 and the girlfriend's Nexus One, and it it awesome, on testing it more than once it found the phone fast with coordinates, and you can make it do a big LOUD screaming sound too if ur in the area you'll hear it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Whatever...
You made a condescending remark and that is your stance? No backing for it, just a jab to get the last word? Sorry you are less fortunate.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

you can GPS locate it, I have this on my HD2 and the girlfriend's Nexus One, and it it awesome, on testing it more than once it found the phone fast with coordinates, and you can make it do a big LOUD screaming sound too if ur in the area you'll hear it.
Will it turn on the GPS, like the program we had on WM, or do you have to have already had it on?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mobile defense does it (if installed as a system app), even if the GPS is off. I think they pulled off the market because they were trying to make the installer able to copy the apk directly to the system folder so it cannot be uninstalled normally. I still have the last apk if anyone wants it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.neevo.mobiledefense.apk (256.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

The apk won't help. From their website:

Important note, new users will be unable to register Mobile Defense at this time. If you would like to be notified via email when we resume accepting new users, please complete the form below.

So, if you aren't already signed up I don't think you'll be able to use it.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 06-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
The apk won't help. From their website:

Important note, new users will be unable to register Mobile Defense at this time. If you would like to be notified via email when we resume accepting new users, please complete the form below.

So, if you aren't already signed up I don't think you'll be able to use it.
Yeah you are right... ah well I got in before they closed again.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

We need one like we had for the TP2, Mogul, TP, etc. free, and needs no third party involvement. It was called Smart Phone Tracker.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

This is great except I hit the siren button to test it out and couldn't turn it off. Lady in the office next to mine came in to see what was going on :/ I told her it was my new ringer she didn't like it, go figure.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 06-26-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I lost my phone on my birthday, back when I had my Touch Pro still...It took me a whole day to figure out that I "Lost" My phone at the foot of my bed...I guess thats what happens when you don't remember getting home, oh well...Good luck
Old 06-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
Wow that's really a coincidence. The other day in DC I found an EVO. It was a little scratched but who cares its free! I hope you find yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
At least you're not an Apple Engineer leaving your test phone at the bar on your bday..
LMBO...I hope you had insurance my man (II).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G