PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: 3 Clicks to fully Root and Unlock NAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Thanks for posting, this seems alot easier than all previous methods. I don't know why I am so afraid to root my phone, winmo hslp seemed like a walk in the park compared to all this rooting stuff, sheesh. Guess I need to stop being scared, be man and step up to the plate and start rooting this thing.
Funny thing is, after you do it you'll feel silly that you didn't do it earlier! LOL

I've hit boot loops, an unresponsive screen and sooooo many other issues and always found a way to get out of it -- just like WinMo.

Just do it!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 06-20-2010, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
This is definitely easier but if you're someone who HAS to do it this way because they are afraid or don't want to take the time to learn adb will be behind on the learning curve. More then likely if you want or need root access, you will probably need adb one day for something, and not knowing about adb or shell or fastboot is going to hinder that process. For example a simple tweak may require you to adb push a file a file to your phone or have you mount your phone and without knowing those simple commands it could take you hours for something that can be done in seconds, I honestly recommend learning to root the regular way, it will be way more beneficial down the line. If you already know all the codes then do it this way because its faster, just my 2cents
+1 for sure.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Thanks, any idea if you completed part 1 of the root (toast) process, if you can just proceed to the nand unlocking and do this only or do you start from scratch.

According to the instructions when I attempted it, you could just use the step you needed and skip the rest. I never could get step 2 and 3 to work, so I just followed toast's instructions for the NAND steps and it all worked out great. Follow all of the steps word for word and it's a piece of cake. mmmm cake
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Honestly the only reason I would use the three-click method is if I've already rooted one the hard way and know what I'm doing, but don't feel like going through it for another phone.

Here's the tutorial I used for root / nand... Easy to follow, uses the unrevoked method for initial root. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=701004
Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

so i go to the link to download the file and its said fixing...can someone upload the file to download here???
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

come on... 12 thanks so atleast 12c have the file lol....pretty please!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

My evo is already root whats that unlocking the nand for ?
Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium_W_U/Hero_U_R/MoPho_U_R

Jalupinja is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
I found this over at XDA and wanted to share. It looks like the easiest method so far to Root our phones. This is the link to the original thread over at XDA. Enjoy!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411

Dang, not so easy for me! First my laptop wouldnt take htc sync (win 7) so I ran it on my main box (win 7). Then I was promptet to install .net 4.0., did that. Still I am unable to run SimpleRoot.exe. I am still getting the prompt to install .net 4.0 first. Blah...

I'm glad it's working for most of you though. Thanks for the effort. Happy trials!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
This is definitely easier but if you're someone who HAS to do it this way because they are afraid or don't want to take the time to learn adb, you will be behind on the learning curve. More then likely if you want or need root access, you will probably need adb one day for something, and not knowing about adb or shell or fastboot is going to hinder that process. For example a simple tweak may require you to adb push a file a file to your phone or have you mount your phone and without knowing those simple commands it could take you hours for something that can be done in seconds, I honestly recommend learning to root the regular way, it will be way more beneficial down the line. If you already know all the codes then do it this way because its faster, just my 2cents
Oh to hell with it, I will do it the long way.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalupinja View Post
Dang, not so easy for me! First my laptop wouldnt take htc sync (win 7) so I ran it on my main box (win 7). Then I was promptet to install .net 4.0., did that. Still I am unable to run SimpleRoot.exe. I am still getting the prompt to install .net 4.0 first. Blah...

I'm glad it's working for most of you though. Thanks for the effort. Happy trials!!!
The link has been down for most of the day, so apparently its being fixed. I'm not trying it until he updates it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G