PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For all those Evo 4G owners out there...finally some good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
If you really wanted one why not just get one? With any item there will always be a small percentage that will have defects. Yes thats right its not just htc, but rather everything will have a small defect. I have two evos and both of them have 0 issues. You may wait 6 months and then buy one and you could still end up with a defective one, nothing is perfect thats why we have warranties.
just look at all mighty perfect apple. how many ipod nanos and iphones have been recalled due to battery heating issues? engadget had one of my favorite images in a post titled
iPhone burning down France?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

What I don't get is how Iphone fanboy's say the Iphone or Iphone 4 is flawless...damn the Iphone 4 isn't even on the streets yet and they are predicting that it is perfect. Only shows how Steve Jobs has brain washed these people into thinking his product is....which it isn't...and the carrier the Iphone on is anywhere from being flawless...

Steve needs to rethink which carriers he would actually profit off of...Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile would be much better choices.....but he just doesn't want to admit it.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
What I don't get is how Iphone fanboy's say the Iphone or Iphone 4 is flawless...damn the Iphone 4 isn't even on the streets yet and they are predicting that it is perfect. Only shows how Steve Jobs has brain washed these people into thinking his product is....which it isn't...and the carrier the Iphone on is anywhere from being flawless...

Steve needs to rethink which carriers he would actually profit off of...Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile would be much better choices.....but he just doesn't want to admit it.
well in an interview with Mossberg the other day he did mention being on multiple US carriers "makes sense" and now that the iPhone 4 has been designed in such a way to try to fix ATT's problem for them, Jobs is probably thinking about it now more than ever
Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

AS329 is just getting started

At the risk of being called a "whiner", the real great news would be HTC/Sprint inviting me in to simply fix the screen on my otherwise perfect phone. I love this phone, voted "yes" in the best phone ever poll, but that's the problem, I don't want to give up *this* phone for a replacement which may have other issues and that I'd have to set up all over again. Plus, I think I am developing an emotional attachment to the perfectness of this phone (stopping just short of iPhone fanboyism), which makes the slight imperfections worse.

I'm pretty sure a patch won't fix the screen lift/light leak, which is more than cosmetic with reports of dust getting under the screen, only a matter of time for moisture to get in there and mess something up.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:30 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
The good news was the day it was released. This is good news to the few that are experiencing those problems but mine has been great since day one.
Same goes for alot of things. Like the nexus ones supposed problems. I never have experienced any myself and either has a majority ...

If ya want a Evo people get one. Chances are its not gonna be a bad one out of the batch....

Android and htc are making killer devices. I've owned 4 different htc devices all great except the tp1 keyboard dying... htc makes great devices imo.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

No problems as of yet. This is still the best hardware/software combo I've ever had in my LIFE.

My only peevs so far are software related.
When texting if I rotate my display from portrait to landscape it goes to the top of my message thread instead of retaining it's position.
Also, the screen doesn't rotate when I type in any homescreen related widgets or apps. Kind of sucks if I have to type a long message.

Bottom line? Best phone/computer/platform I've ever used. I love it with a passion.

Before my EVO I carried around a netbook, 9mp camera, Touch Pro2 and an iPod.
Now? I've got my EVO and an extra battery, just incase. :)
Old 06-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
whys that? mines fine. some complain to much

though its nothing new look at the tp2 they had teh left side popeel up to. htc never learns

You should read the article. It's kind of annoying me because people are asking why complain, but it's a very frustrating problem. Whenever the phone isn't in my hand or on bare conductive metal (which isn't often) the top half of my screen doesn't work. On a touchscreen phone without hardkeys, I'd say that's something to complain about. I read that somehow HTC can issue and OTA update because it's a software issue, so I guess I'm waiting for that.
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
whys that? mines fine. some complain to much

though its nothing new look at the tp2 they had teh left side popeel up to. htc never learns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post

You should read the article. It's kind of annoying me because people are asking why complain, but it's a very frustrating problem. Whenever the phone isn't in my hand or on bare conductive metal (which isn't often) the top half of my screen doesn't work. On a touchscreen phone without hardkeys, I'd say that's something to complain about. I read that somehow HTC can issue and OTA update because it's a software issue, so I guess I'm waiting for that.
I gotta agree with Biofall. Yes, it's pretty annoying to read the same complaints over and over again, BUT a few things to remember-- 1) It's a new device, and this happens with EVERY device release, so get used to it, 2) Just because you don't have trouble doesn't mean that some people aren't having an issue, 3) If it's a well documented issue, then obviously being snarky against people for voicing concern on the issues makes you a bit of a snob, and 4) People have a right to buy a device that isn't riddled with defects.

Now, I do NOT have the raised display issue but I DO have the sensitivity issue. While I'm not complaining and not overly frustrated about it, it IS annoying, and I'm glad there's a fix on the way. As long as the display issue isn't serious and is minor, no big deal and all, but people should keep an eye on it and report it to Sprint/HTC if it becomes a real issue to them.

I have no problem reporting threads and posts where people are being particularly snarky or off topic, so relax people. We're here to help, and we're here to learn. If you don't like the topics, find other posts or find other forums!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G