PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How is the screen on your Evo?
Perfectly fine 58 47.54%
Starting to rise up a little on the bottom 63 51.64%
Peeling completely away 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen May Be Coming Off

Tip, it is on mine too. I'm returning it tomorrow.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started

im really glad i didn't buy the evo. ive read of too many issues. seems to me the evo is having issues like the hero has with the dust only your screens are lifting. htc has been making some crappy mistakes lately in build quality. i may have to look for other brand names to buy.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducylowycz View Post
Tip, it is on mine too. I'm returning it tomorrow.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Let me know what they say. I kinda want to get mine replaced aswell, however I purchased it on ebay and don't have insurance. Anyone know what my options would be?
Im hoping that since its obviously a defect in the product, and not a result of my own doing that they will replace it. I had a similar issue years ago with my LG Rumor, the keyboard stopped working and since it wasn't my fault they replaced it for me. Just had to pay a $50 fee, again without insurance. I would imagine thought that they would probably be a little reluctant to do that for the Evo, considering the price difference between that of the Evo and a feature phone such as the Rumor. But who knows.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

If you have insurance with sprint, take it into a Authorize Sprint Repair center and have them take a look at it. If they find it is a defect they will either give you a new one, or repair it in store while you wait. Any time I've had a problem they usually take care of it in store..without having to wait for a new or refurbished device...
Old 06-13-2010, 04:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

definitely not rising on my phone and i'm not going to try and bend it to force it to rise either like the guy in the video

edit: i wonder if this potential issue is why the sprint rep tried really hard to sell me one of those cases =D

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-13-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
If you have insurance with sprint, take it into a Authorize Sprint Repair center and have them take a look at it. If they find it is a defect they will either give you a new one, or repair it in store while you wait. Any time I've had a problem they usually take care of it in store..without having to wait for a new or refurbished device...
What if you don't have insurance but they do determine that its a defect with the device? Think they will still do something for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
definitely not rising on my phone and i'm not going to try and bend it to force it to rise either like the guy in the video

edit: i wonder if this potential issue is why the sprint rep tried really hard to sell me one of those cases =D
Maybe, and I definately don't want to try and bend mine to make it worse. But im surprised that other people are experiencing this, really worries me about the device.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Did you ever have an HTC touch pro or Diamond? Those devices had a capacitive hybrid panel at the bottom that had the same lifting issue, only it was worse. Anyway, I don't think HTC/Sprint ever fixed the problem. I hate to say it, but if the EVO has a similar flaw, chances are that you're not going to be any better off later down the line. So find one that makes you happy now and don't worry about the future. Or you can return it and wait for a future device...

Like i said, mine isn't having the issue, i don't have light leakage, and my battery has been pretty good to me lately. So, i'm not going to mess with it or return my device for any reason only to get a device that might be worse off. I've learned long ago that these smartphones all have issues. Luckily I only use them for a year or a little longer, so I don't get worked up unless it's something preventing me from using the device.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

poetik is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
im really glad i didn't buy the evo. ive read of too many issues. seems to me the evo is having issues like the hero has with the dust only your screens are lifting. htc has been making some crappy mistakes lately in build quality. i may have to look for other brand names to buy.
I feel the exact opposite as I'm really glad I bought it because it smashes my previous phone (touch pro 2) in nearly every single category. Although it does sound like the screen lifting is a widespread problem I'm sure it can mostly be avoided by using a case and a screen protector.

Also it's interesting that the above poster is talking about the touch pro's with the lifting issue (I've own and still have the first touch pro and never had that issue with it). Although, I do have a touch pro 2 that started to lift after I got hella drunk and dropped my phone on the concrete. Not only that but my cousin ran over my phone with his car as well. The phone luckily is still intact and works to this day but it took all of that just to get "slight" peeling of the upper right hand corner of the phone.

I did only use both devices for less than a year though so maybe that had something to do with me not having the problem.

Last edited by poetik; 06-13-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Can anyone post photos of this screen lifting issue.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Holy crap....

Thanks for pointing this out guys. I noticed mine is ever so slightly (fraction of a mm) raised all the way across and light leaks from all 4 buttons. If I push it down, the light leak goes away. Damn, and here I thought I had a perfect phone. What should I ever do? Should I call my congressman? BP?

Seriously though, nothing is perfect. You can't even buy a 30,000 dollar car without some type of flaw. My phone works great with great batt life. Until it actually hinders my usage (or flat out peels away) I will continue to use it. I have insurance on it so when and if that ever happenes, I will get it replaced.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G