PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [GUIDE] Keep High Resolution Photos For Caller ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
Ive seen similar steps on other sites for this issue, but ive never synced my contacts with google. From day one ive only used htc sync to transfer my contacts. I did this linked method and my pictures keep reverting back to low res
If you have a Gmail account then it will sync your contacts unless you go into the settings and tell it not to. It happens without your knowledge or consent if you are using a gmail account.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

Sorry im aware that when you setup a gmail that contact sync is setup by default. That is disabled, there are no contacts online in my gmail account.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

*king* that is weird! After you disabled google sync did you add the good pictures back in? Did you notice when they changed again to low res? Did you reset the phone? Do you have any 3rd party program installed that might be interacting with your contacts or email?

I'm not trying to imply you did or didn't do something just don't know what is causing this so all I can thing to do is ask questions and hope to stumble onto the answer.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Very nice find adding this to my stickied post, linked to yours. And thanked!

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Thank You & Thanked Chris
I have been beating my head against the wall all morning and a little searching turned this up. What total bullshit you have to do all this crap just to have a nice photo stick.

It first started bothering me when I noticed how low resolution the facebook pics are. Well the phone would always override whatever I set with facebook. I ended up shutting off facebook all together plus it's annoying it's always trying to update. I still have the ap if I want to check facebook.

I hope they come out with a fix for this. Google should let you store high resolution pictures and there should be a choice to override the google photo with your own and not have it come back during a re-sync.

Set up some primary people with better resolution photos.

Thanks again for the write up

Last edited by Sim-X; 06-16-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
*king* that is weird! After you disabled google sync did you add the good pictures back in? Did you notice when they changed again to low res? Did you reset the phone? Do you have any 3rd party program installed that might be interacting with your contacts or email?

I'm not trying to imply you did or didn't do something just don't know what is causing this so all I can thing to do is ask questions and hope to stumble onto the answer.
I did reset the device due to another issue, currently the only app i installed iss spare parts and the qik update. I have completly removed the contacts from the device and resynced. I can add a pic in outlook, sync, and the pic will be fuzzy or i can just add tapply a pic from the phone and have the same effect.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

*king*
It could be outlook doing the same thing as google. Try having it not sync with outlook add a good picture from the phone to a contact and then see if it stays. I do believe outlook will sync contact pictures and they are low res as well.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I stopped syncing alltogether. With the ability to export to .Vcard I just back up my contacts to my SD Card every now and again and I am good to go.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
I did reset the device due to another issue, currently the only app i installed iss spare parts and the qik update. I have completly removed the contacts from the device and resynced. I can add a pic in outlook, sync, and the pic will be fuzzy or i can just add tapply a pic from the phone and have the same effect.
Make sure that when you sign into Google Gmail there are "0" contacts showing in all contacts view. If your pics are still fuzzy, then I would recommend adding your high res photos over again and then backing up your contacts.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

im my gmail account i have zeros for "my contacts" and "all contacts"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G