PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help -Storage card data gone?

Hi Guys, I am hoping someone can help me with this, searched everywhere but cant seem to find where it might have happened to anyone else. I received my EVO yesterday to much excitement and was playing around with it. I was curious to see how much pics looked and music sounded so I popped out my 8gig Transcend-class 6 and put it in the EVO. I was able to see everything just fine, listened to music, etc. When I was leaving for work this morning, I took the card out of the EVO to copy a file. Apparently everything had disappeared from the card except 8 pics that I had in a folder. Nothing showed up through my computers file explore so I popped the card back into the TP2 with the same result- only the 8 pics were displayed. I am talking about 700 songs, over a 100 pics, about 20 videos, files, my cab collection, everything seemed to have diapperaed. I came home tonight and thought I would try again. I got the card out of the TP2 and put in back in the EVO, it took a while to do some processing, but low and behold it seemed to have found all of my files again. I gave it a minute to complete what it was doing before I tried to confirm that the files were back. When it was done, all I could see again was the same 8 pics from this morning. This is frustrating as hell as i have no clue what is going on. It would really suck if my files were gone but for some reason I think they are there, for some reason just not able to be seen. I noticed that the EVO installed a DCIM folder along with two other files on my card. I was initially fearful that this was the storage card issue that had been discussed but some quick research seems to suggest that that was an entirely different problem. I would appreciate any feedback that might help me to understand whats might be happening so that I might try to recover my data. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help -Storage card data gone?

you need to do the OTA and may need to reformat the card
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

where did you get the card it? (just ruling out its not a cheapo fake from china)

also, do you use slacker?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
where did you get the card it? (just ruling out its not a cheapo fake from china)
My card is a Transcend 8g- c6. Had it or well over 8 months and it has worked perfect. Got it off of Amazon.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
My card is a Transcend 8g- c6. Had it or well over 8 months and it has worked perfect. Got it off of Amazon.

probably will have to do what Boo Boo mentioned... reformat and do the update.

maybe this thread can help? http://androidforums.com/support-tro...b-microsd.html (sounds like a similar issue)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G