PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ringtones directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGDGG View Post
I think i can help.. You need to get together all the ringtones, alerts, & alarms on your computer.. Create a folder named Media.. Inside the Media folder, create three more folders named, Notifications, Alerts, & Alarms.. Place all your ringtones in the Notifications folder.. All your alerts for text messages go in the Alerts folder.. All your Alarms sounds go in the Alarms folder.. Plug your EVO into your computer, select Disk Drive on your hand set.. Open up the Phone files,, copy (or move) the Media folder to the other files on the phone.. RESET.. Good To GO..
This never even cross my mind, thanks bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Did what he said, but make a "Ringtones" folder and put the ringers you want in there and put your messaging ringtones in Notifications. Not sure what to put in the other two just yet, but I'm gonna play around with it and see. I'm new to Android and I'm learning just like I did when I first got my TP!
The one folder house different sounds for the alarm clock and the other sounds for the ui.. Like the camera click or the tick sound you can enable each time you touch the screen
Old 06-04-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

to set your personal sounds as ringers, open them in the music application, then hit the menu key and set as ringtone. now if I can just figure out how to set them as notification sounds, I'll be happy... for now. :P
Old 06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

You know all you have to do is open the media folder and creat a new file so that you have notifications as well as ringtones filders in the media file. Worked for me.

Give some
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor

Zedge - it's a pretty good app on the market. Also have tried Mabilo Ringtones...

Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
You know all you have to do is open the media folder and creat a new file so that you have notifications as well as ringtones filders in the media file. Worked for me.

I get a "music" folder when I have the phone hooked up as a drive, but no "media" folder, ringtone folder or notifications folder.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

nutymez is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nutymez Send a message via Skype™ to nutymez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
I get a "music" folder when I have the phone hooked up as a drive, but no "media" folder, ringtone folder or notifications folder.
Just create it yourself.. create the media folder and put those subfolders inside..
Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I hate being a noon again
I feel you
Old 06-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Just a tip... you guys need to be a little more specific when you're talking about file paths and such. If you say "Open up the Phone files,, copy (or move) the Media folder to the other files on the phone.. RESET.. Good To GO.." that's not very specific... It's confusing to know whether the Media folder goes right in another existing folder or whether to copy/move it as if it's a brand new folder at the top level.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

es101346 is keeping up the good workes101346 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to es101346

why are all of the replies so vague? Media folder as in the one on the SDCARD or in system on the root of the device? And if you mean the folder on the device, how do you copy paste files into there? Gives me an error everytime i try. and if you mean the sdcard, I made the folders i was supposed to make, i tried playing the songs in the music player provided so i can set them as a ringtone, but when i play my own mp3s, and click menu, nothing pops up. only thing i can do is pause. so please explain exactly what to do to get my mp3s as ringtones. thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

es101346 is keeping up the good workes101346 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to es101346

Quote:
Originally Posted by es101346 View Post
why are all of the replies so vague? Media folder as in the one on the SDCARD or in system on the root of the device? And if you mean the folder on the device, how do you copy paste files into there? Gives me an error everytime i try. and if you mean the sdcard, I made the folders i was supposed to make, i tried playing the songs in the music player provided so i can set them as a ringtone, but when i play my own mp3s, and click menu, nothing pops up. only thing i can do is pause. so please explain exactly what to do to get my mp3s as ringtones. thanks
okay i figured it out.

• plug your phone in
  • set it as disk drive
  • make a folder named ringtones directly on the root of the sdcard [not in the media folder like everyone was saying to do]
  • put your ringtones in there
  • change the usb type back to charge only
  • go to sound and display, click phone ringtone, and your ringtones should be in there.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G