PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: How to Root Your Evo

Stuck at the command prompt step moving the img file. My computer will not recognize the prompts it keeps saying: "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" any suggestions?

working in windows 7 and had similar challenges with my Hero

Edit: Figured it out... Windows 7 is giving me HELL with these drivers

Edit: spoke too soon I am still getting the error!!!! >:O

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com

Last edited by princem131; 06-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Stuck at the command prompt step moving the img file. My computer will not recognize the prompts it keeps saying: "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" any suggestions?

working in windows 7 and had similar challenges with my Hero

Edit: Figured it out... Windows 7 is giving me HELL with these drivers

Edit: spoke too soon I am still getting the error!!!! >:O
before you type any commands you should type adb devices, if you see the serial number of the device then everything will work. if not then we have to get adb to recognize your device. make sure android-sdk-windows folder is in the C:drive.

then try this in the command prompt, press enter after each line entry. Of course make sure your phone is plugged to the computer

cd\
cd android-sdk-windows\tools
adb devices
you should see your serial number.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 06-03-2010 at 01:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
before you type any commands you should type adb devices, if you see the serial number of the device then everything will work. if not then we have to get adb to recognize your device. make sure android-sdk-windows folder is in the C:drive.

then try this in the command prompt, press enter after each line entry. Of course make sure your phone is plugged to the computer

cd\
cd android-sdk-windows\tools
adb devices
you should see your serial number.
Thanks just did that before viewing your post and got it to work. I think the my computer/windows 7 was the problem lol
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wait so now every time you want to boot into recovery you have to do it through the computer?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks just did that before viewing your post and got it to work. I think the my computer/windows 7 was the problem lol
glad you got it working. you're so lucky to already have your evo , I can't wait till tomorrow
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
wait so now every time you want to boot into recovery you have to do it through the computer?
from what it seems they can't get the recovery image to stick, so that is the workaround for now. they said hopefully they will have one soon that sticks. here's how joeykrim explained it
"the files are pushed over from the EVO-recovery.zip using the provided scripts.
once we can resolved the NAND protection issues, should be able to flash a permanent recovery. in the mean time, this is a great patch."

Last edited by p-slim; 06-03-2010 at 01:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
from what it seems they can't get the recovery image to stick, so that is the workaround for now. they said hopefully they will have one soon that sticks. here's how joeykrim explained it
"the files are pushed over from the EVO-recovery.zip using the provided scripts.
once we can resolved the NAND protection issues, should be able to flash a permanent recovery. in the mean time, this is a great patch."
Makes sense. but of course now i'm having trouble getting back to recovery. I want to backup and then flash froyo just to see it and then nandroid back to my regular set up

I may have to set it all up on my girls computer because I seem to keep having issues on mine (she doesnt have windows 7). It seems to be driver related. Its like everything I did to get it to work is gone lol
Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
Makes sense. but of course now i'm having trouble getting back to recovery. I want to backup and then flash froyo just to see it and then nandroid back to my regular set up

I may have to set it all up on my girls computer because I seem to keep having issues on mine (she doesnt have windows 7). It seems to be driver related. Its like everything I did to get it to work is gone lol
if you want to get back to stock after flashing a custom rom, flipzmode has created a stock rom with stock ruu located here to get back to stock with root access. But you are correct, i'm not sure if nandroid backup is working properly.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
if you want to get back to stock after flashing a custom rom, flipzmode has created a stock rom with stock ruu located here to get back to stock with root access. But you are correct, i'm not sure if nandroid backup is working properly.
Ok that is perfect I think i misinterpreted that post from flipz. Thanks fam! I'm going to try to flash the froyo now

Last edited by princem131; 06-03-2010 at 01:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ok that is perfect I think i misinterpreted that post from flipz. Thanks fam! I'm going to try to flash the froyo now
Awesome, need all the deets on your froyo experience please! T-minus 18 hours for me...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G