PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO not the largest android screen anymore...

I have an Archos 5 IMT. It was $200 at Best Butt. I like it a lot. It plays way more movie formats than any other Android. No need for converting.

Yea it doesn't support ad-hoc connections but it does bluetooth tethering with my TP2 fairly well. Now...hopefully the Evo can do bluetooth tethering. Anyone know? I also have an Overdrive Hotspot and the Archos works great with it. Do I need an Archos? Probably not, but it does come in handy here in the desert watching movies and such. 16gb onboard memory plus a 16gb SD card = lots of House M.D.!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO not the largest android screen anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
well if Android doesnt support ad-hoc then i guess this should answer the question if tethering for evo had infastructure or not once and for all huh
all I know for sure is that it won't connect to an ad-hoc, I don't know about creating or how exactly the hotspot software on the Evo does it, as usual, maybe HTC stepped in and fixed the OS's shortcomings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
how do you like your Archos 5?
After 3 weeks I exchanged it for an HP Mini 210 that cost me $20 more (at the time Archos 5 cost $249 + $30 service plan + $20 cash = $299 HP Mini)
I think it was a great concept from Archos and down the road I may pick one up again, but the one I had was really buggy even after several hard resets. The Archos 5 was the first generation of Archos trying to put their proprietary media software along with Android and the two didn't coexist well, it froze a lot requiring a soft reset and it took a very long time to connect to a wifi network and sometimes I had to connect, disconnect, and reconnect (a process that sometimes took 5+ minutes) just to get it to work, which doesn't do well when it was supposed to be a quick internet access look something up on a nice big screen device.
BUT I do know that like 2 weeks after I returned it Archos dropped a big software update so it may be better now, I don't know, like I said, I may give Archos another shot down the road, especially now that they're shipping a 7 in. model

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G