PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

And apple won't do anything to fix it this problem has existed since the iphone 3 and 3g they still haven't fixed it and won't and idiot's will still line up to buy it and idiot's like endgadget will still praise it. You should see their appraisal of multi-tasking apple got it better than android. That is what they said. Face it they think it is all that and a slice of bread anything without an apple is junk in their opinion.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Lets keep this on topic people. If you want to talk icrap, then go to that forum. Please keep it on track here. EVO.....Thanks.

Give some
Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

bimzrus is just getting started

Well I am pissed with this update they also removed the privacy option from notifications so if you get a txt it shows on the home screen.... HTC the New APPLE
Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

bimzrus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimzrus View Post
Well I am pissed with this update they also removed the privacy option from notifications so if you get a txt it shows on the home screen.... HTC the New APPLE
well i found the privacy setting, but i hate sense
Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp

dfve is just getting started
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
uh... I doubt any phone will come with 8 gigs of rom in the near future
bill gates once said "i cant see a reason people wold need more than 640k memory in a computer
Old 07-27-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

elementalwindx is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up 1 day review of the EVO 4G 3500mAh battery. A++!

1 day review so far. I've been playing pandora most of the day non-stop in my car. I've driven a total of 4 hours distance. I jogged for 1 hour. I've had 30 minutes worth of phone calls and a total of 20 phone calls today. I've texted a total of 28 people thru the day and I've been texting constantly. Some of the time I even forget to turn the screen off, especially when pandora is running. I have the mario live wall paper on highest settings full blast 25 frame rate and not in playback mode. This phone came off the charger at 6am, and it is 6:08pm and it still has 30% left on the charge This battery has not even had a single cycle of charge on the battery yet. I am VERY happy with this! I actually love that its thicker because it makes it easier to hold. The soft backing plate in my opinion is better than the stock sleek plate that comes with the phone. EVO phones should have came with this in the first place!

This battery is exactly 2x thicker than the stock battery. I can stack 2 stock batteries and make 1 of these. I'm betting that is all they did and just connecting them inside properly.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=26469

I got it for the pre-order price of around $53 but I would still pay the $60 they charge now.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: 1 day review of the EVO 4G 3500mAh battery. A++!

I got the exact same battery for my old Cingular 8525 and I loved it. Made my phone so much easier to hold etc.

Now with my EVO I have to be honest..For me its the max I can do size wise..Its just light enough that I can deal with it being in my front pocket.

Do you carry this in your front pocket? I'd love to get this battery but honestly even stock it bothers me sometimes and I just want to take it out. I doubt I can deal with the added weight.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Not to bash but wouldn't it be easier to carry 2 batteries? And are you running any tweak like setcpu or overclock widget?

Evo 2.2
Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

elementalwindx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Not to bash but wouldn't it be easier to carry 2 batteries? And are you running any tweak like setcpu or overclock widget?

Evo 2.2
The point is I dont want to have to tweak my phone all to hell and back. I love having the extra battery. You guys know that 1500mAh isn't enough anyways.

I always carry my phone in my front pockets. I never use my back pockets. There is no noticeable difference in weight. Then again I'm not some fat ass computer nerd who can't lift a cpu tower either.

No its not easier for me to carry 2 batteries around and recharge multiple batteries. That to me is a huge PITA.

My stock battery would last thru the day just fine but I would also have it hooked up to my car to charge it while I was on the road, and I'm on the road an average of 2 hours a day every day, so it got a good charge during the day. This battery hasn't seen a charger since 6am.

With this battery I have 0 worries that it will last thru the day without a sweat.

This is on a 100% stock evo 4g untouched not rooted. It does have advanced task killer and thats it.

Last edited by elementalwindx; 07-27-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

The big difference is the LiPo. My Mogul would go dead in a 15 minute call. I replaced it with a LiPo and would go 3 days without a recharge. LiPo is what's happening. Thanks for the link. Just ordered mine with the case.

Hell, I miss my analog doorstop. This will make me feel retro!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic