PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: oooh no! sprint leaks new packages?? via ozcar guide

Its only 4G! From what has been said so far (just go to youtube and see) there will be a charge to use the 4G hotspot program but there is no charge to use 4G to browse the web and all! Other than that what other plans would they have for this phone?!?!?!?!

Their Everything Plan is the best yet................and as stated before....."Its only 4G"..........so why would you need a whole new plan just to add 4G to it?! Just like the Hero and the Moment if you have a grandfather plan you're gonna have to upgrade.....but I would assume if you have a plan that has talk and data in it already than you should be good!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g
Carrier: Sprint

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

*taps mic* ATTENTION: UNTIL SPRINT OFFICIALLY RELEASES ANY PLAN INFORMATION OR OFFICIAL PRICING OF THE PHONE THEM SELVES, WE SHOULD ALL JUST SIT BACK AND NOT READ INTO ALL THIS!! *drops mic and walks off stage*

Evo on 3g

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wimax will not cost extra to use. The CEO flat-out said this at CTIA. This leak is confusing the Wimax Hotspot functionality with Wimax in general. Carriers don't charge more as the towers went from 1xRTT to EVDO nor did they charge extra when they started bumping up some markets to EVDO Rev. A. It would be stupid to charge extra for a new service that is only beginning to roll out.

I will gladly eat my words if Sprint goes back on their original word and makes that mistake but from every bit of inside info I have read or personally encountered, it is the hotspot that will be an addon while 4G is a bonus for now if you have it. As it gets more widespread they will begin transitioning people to an all-data plan and route voice over the 4G network but until then, there won't be a change in plans.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
As it gets more widespread they will begin transitioning people to an all-data plan and route voice over the 4G network but until then, there won't be a change in plans.
I would think if anything, when we get to that point and cell companies will rely on less on voice calls and more on voip, monthly bills will be even cheaper. By the time this is a reality, I would think that 4g (wimax & lte) will be cheaper to run and maintain.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

lovetohateme is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to lovetohateme

Sprint is NOT known for outrageous prices. They are known for affordable plans.... I don't see them changing that philosophy; the last thing they need right now is to lose more customers.
So everyone saying how outrageously priced this phone will be needs to sit back and wait for the official announcement and I am sure that Sprint will shut a lot of people up once they do
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I shut this bad boy down because we've had enough posts discussing that OZcar site...sheesh!

If you need more information, try one of these other "Oz" sites:

10. Oz TV Show
9. Oz Communications
8. Oz, a play in 2 acts
7. Oz dot Org
6. The Wizard of Oz
5. Oz Optics
4. Dr. Oz
3. Frank Oz
2. Oz Racing
1. Oz New Orleans Club

late,