PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
yep, and some people here insists sprint is losing money on their legacy plan customers lol...
Boost is sprint's corporation. If you leave sprint and pay boost, you're still paying sprint, LOL
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Boost is sprint's corporation. If you leave sprint and pay boost, you're still paying sprint, LOL
of course, i know that. my point is they're making money off Boost customers for plans that are cheaper and offer everything unlimited.

...so then atleast let the sprint folks with legacy plans get whatever phone they want on whatever plan they want and maybe they'll stick with sprint instead of jumping ship to boost to pay LESS for MORE

the only difference is on boost you can't roam i don't think, but not many people care for that since sprint already has decent coverage is most areas.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
of course, i know that. my point is they're making money off Boost customers for plans that are cheaper and offer everything unlimited.

...so then atleast let the sprint folks with legacy plans get whatever phone they want on whatever plan they want and maybe they'll stick with sprint instead of jumping ship to boost to pay LESS for MORE
I could argue back and forth with you all day but honestly its not going to change anything. I understand why sprint did it and some don't. Its not like the evo is the 1st device with this situation. Like champ said as long ad their prices are considerably lower they have nothing to worry about.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint is also trying to shake some of these plans off to free up the system. You know how many different combos of plans they have in their system, from all these legacy customers and people getting over and whatnot over the years.

So now if you want a newer phone you have just a few choices (which are still cheaper then the competition BTW...). Its making it easier to bill and service if the plans are more uniform. In the Sprintusers forum where most flaunt their plans you see the different combos (free this, reduced that...) it would make your head spin.

I'm an older Sprint customer and I'm prepared to change my plan for the Evo when it comes.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

cheaper plans doesn't mean they will hold on to current subscribers. they're cheaper because they are trying to GAIN subscribers.

the fact is they are adding eight times more subscribers on boost than they're adding on the sprint side.. why? maybe its because people such as post #26 are seeing the light.

yes it can be debated until pig fly, but in the end, sprint is digging their own grave by forcing people on existing plans to switch plans.. those like myself who refuse to upgrade just to get a specific phone may find themselves switching to their subdivision (boost cdma), so how does that help sprint? it doesn't.

it's only a matter of time before boost cdma also start carrying Andriod phones, it's the new hip-hop..
Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
yep, and some people here insist sprint is losing money on their legacy plan customers.. switch from paying $70-80 to $50 for unlimited everything and for sure sprint will make more money. i rest my case lol.....
I don't understand your point, if sprint is losing customers to boost they don't care, theyre worried about losing customers to VZW, ATT, or T-Mobile.

Last edited by p-slim; 04-16-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Bay Area Boss

Also I think boost is growing mostly from metro users. They get way better service for the same price also, they're internet speeds are better then metro plus your boost automatically works nationwide unlike metro pcs.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't understand your point, if sprint is losing customers to boost they don't care, theyre worried about losing customers to VZW, ATT, or T-Mobile.
so they don't care about people on $60, $70, $80,etc plans switching to the cheaper boost unlimited $50 plan?

god knows how many people have done just that, which again doesn't really help them at all..
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
so they don't care about people on $60, $70, $80,etc plans switching to the cheaper boost unlimited $50 plan?

god knows how many people have done just that, which again doesn't really help them at all..
Sebo those aren't the people leaving. If I'm upset I can't have the evo on my $80 plan you still can't have the evo on boost. That Guy gave up sero to go to boost, most sero users don't go anywhere near their minutes so its a wash.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Yeah, I don't think switching from Sprint to Boost hurts Sprint one bit since Boost is a subsidiary of Sprint anyway. Therefore, Sprint still generates revenue.

I dont get it, you said you have a $70-$80 legacy/sero plan....so why are you thinking about going to Boost when you can pay around $70 for an individual Sprint everything plan? ($50 if you get discounts applied.) It is still the same price that you pay now. I guarantee you that Boost will not get you the same benefits as Sprint's service does.
Not to mention that Boost will never get Android phones or Palm phones. (If Palm still exists lol)

I dont think Sprint is in bad financial trouble as they were in before. If anything, I think T-Mobile would be the first to go down. Sprint's CEO Dan Hesse has done a very good job turning this thing around. Yeah the plan thing is not very popular with the consumers but at the end of the day when you look comparable plans with comparable features with other providers, hands down Sprint has them beat. The other thing he has done is bring in awesome phones! There was a while where Sprint had a bad lineup, but now they have one of the best.

Change isnt always bad. I understand that everyone is financially strapped right now, but if you really look at the plans and other carriers, you will see that you are still getting a good deal.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G