PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: one design problem with the evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
The only desing flaw is it doesn't have a keyboard and tilting screen.

+1...these android phones need to start sporting a keyboard.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
the only real design flaw I can see is that its not in my pocket right now!
+1 on the "not in my pocket right now" flaw!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:51 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
+1...these android phones need to start sporting a keyboard.
There is at least one Android with a keyboard, ie the Samsung Moment.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
There is at least one Android with a keyboard, ie the Samsung Moment.
And the Droid, and the G1...
Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I personally wouldnt even want this phone with a keyboard... it'd be way too bulky. Its big enough as it is.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

my problem is HTC's crappy camera quality. Sure its 8mp..all that means is the bad pics are now bigger. I could tell form the vid the colors are all washed out and cam is laggy like my touch pro 2 (although it doesnt AS bad). The Pre's camera hands down kills any HTC camera so i know whats possible quality wise i just dont understand why HTC uses crap quality for their camera optics. I actually use the pre cam whereas when i use my tp2 i dont even bother pullin it out because the quality is 7-11 security cam quality.

HTC Camera (my tp2)
http://i43.tinypic.com/24g21ie.jpg

VS.

Palm Cam (pre)
http://i43.tinypic.com/2hobpqe.jpg

both on a SUNNY day with plently of lighting

So unless that hand on video is misleading and HTC makes their 1st decent camera phone this will be one feature that lacking. i KNOW THE TP2 IS not the EVO 4G, just going off of HTC's track record here

Last edited by newone757; 03-29-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I agree with newone757. The Pre takes great pics at 3 megapixels and the video quality is not bad either. I hope the Evo doesn't dissappoint there because I tend to take alot of pics now with my Pre.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

My touch pro took great pictures, my hero not so great. I think they should stay at 5 and get it right. Frankly its marketing let's get bigger numbers and blow away iPhone. 5 meg pictures should not look bad on a low res scene like hero
Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I agree with newone757. The Pre takes great pics at 3 megapixels and the video quality is not bad either. I hope the Evo doesn't dissappoint there because I tend to take alot of pics now with my Pre.
I have to agree as well, my Pre takes excellent pictures. My Tour also takes very nice pictures, great flash as well, Hero is not so good, not so good at all. TP2 I feel the same, not so good. The Moment takes decent pics, Droid takes nice pictures (standing very still, in my experience). So for me the Pre and BB are the winners, at least from my use.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

When features work well we tend to use them more. I never take pics with my Touch Pro but i snap away all the time with the Pre. it's a pleasure to use!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G