PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Evo 3D Software Update August !8 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146518)

Wiley_11 08-18-2011 12:20 AM

Evo 3D Software Update August !8

Update August 18 8)

LINK

oppman 08-18-2011 01:14 AM

Re: Evo 3D Software Update August !8

I wish they fixed the reception quality ( drop calls, phone is always on roaming, bad 4g recepton) my old touch pro 2 beats this phone hands down on reception.

draghn 08-18-2011 01:18 AM

I wonder if this will patch the root process... Hope the update is good and it doesn't screw with our root.

toddpedersen 08-18-2011 07:43 AM

In case anyone is wondering, If your rooted, you should never do the OTA updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by draghn (Post 2138645)
I wonder if this will patch the root process... Hope the update is good and it doesn't screw with our root.

yankees45us 08-18-2011 08:09 AM

Not rooted and just ran update. Update includes 2.3.4 and a new swype keyboard. So far update feels like phone is smoother. Hope camera issue is fixed.
In regards to signal coverage I haven't had any issues since my phone was replaced. Also I use roam control which is awesome.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

toddpedersen 08-18-2011 08:25 AM

The Update is available now. Just finished it and am extremely happy that HTC has fixed the problem of not being able to access the menu key when an inbound call comes into the phone while the screen is locked. The older Sense version on the EVO 4G allowed this to be done so that you could send a quick text message to the person calling you, instead of answering their call. This came in handy when I was on the phone and received another call, so that I could easily setup a canned text of "Thank you for calling, I am on the phone or busy right now, I will call you back as soon as I can" or something similar. Now I can enjoy my 3D even more!

Edit: I could have swore that this work initially, but now I cannot get it to work, so I guess they did not fix this. bummer.

ycats 08-18-2011 08:33 AM

do you lose root with this OTA?

jayhuffdaddy 08-18-2011 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what it fixes. Looking forward to the temp fix.

djalbanian 08-18-2011 11:40 AM

I imagine that it'll break root with the ota. Every ota has broken root before i dunno what would change about this one, I advice anyone that has root just wait for omj to come out with a rom withing hmm lets say 5 hours? I actually havent noticed any of the following issues occur with my 3d..I heard someone say that the phone is much smoother. Ill confirm on this when i see it, right now my 3d is a blaster...im rooted with omj's latest, have a custom kernel RCMIX_3D_kernel, also have changed the proxy and the call volume..cant be much happier. Although i woke up with an error 16 upon my consience lol (costumer care took care of that quick fast). Im officially a geek :p

darren.wlsn1 08-18-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 2138673)
In case anyone is wondering, If your rooted, you should never do the OTA updates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 2138680)
do you lose root with this OTA?

Did you read this?