PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Incredible tips and tricks

We will just have to keep our ears open then!! I hope they do, as you saw on the root thread, I am looking for that wi-fi routing that NCX Designs mentioned!!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It will take awhile because HTC will need to work on 2.2 to get Sense working with it correctly.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Windows vs Android are two completely different animals

Android doesn't require "tweaking" to make things compatible with the OS after updates occur. As long as there aren't major changes to the UI that is.
if its new features and what not, that can be baked into a regular update like software updates are. almost like a patch on a game console like the Xbox 360

HTC will probably unveil a new version of Sense before they do anything major, like the leap from Manila 2.1 to Manila 2.5 in WinMo with the HD2 when it came out.

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
Windows vs Android are two completely different animals

Android doesn't require "tweaking" to make things compatible with the OS after updates occur. As long as there aren't major changes to the UI that is.
if its new features and what not, that can be baked into a regular update like software updates are. almost like a patch on a game console like the Xbox 360

HTC will probably unveil a new version of Sense before they do anything major, like the leap from Manila 2.1 to Manila 2.5 in WinMo with the HD2 when it came out.
Was that in response to me?

Just because you can update a regular version of Android doesn't mean that it will mesh correctly with Sense UI.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Was that in response to me?

Just because you can update a regular version of Android doesn't mean that it will mesh correctly with Sense UI.
Sense UI is just an "app" so to speak running on top of android
it can be disabled in the application settings, it doesn't need to be running to use the phone

i'll leave it at that, i don't feel like getting into an argument
Old 05-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey guys, doesn't matter what our opinions about sense are , you both know HTC is never in a hurry to update a vzw phone. Be nice ! !
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 05-15-2010, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post
Sense UI is just an "app" so to speak running on top of android
it can be disabled in the application settings, it doesn't need to be running to use the phone

i'll leave it at that, i don't feel like getting into an argument
No argument from me I just don't agree with you.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

ok Back to tips and tricks, I'm a new Android User so I may post things some of you already know, but it was news to me so it may be to some..

: Long press on any widget on the home screen will allow you to move it.(I know..that one is simple but it leads to the next one)
: While holding your widget, you can then use the optical pad to change pages and drop that widget on a page that has space.
: Long press on the HOME key will bring up the list of running programs.
: Long press of the SEARCH key brings up the voice search.

are you joining the Incredible Party BW? I was a faithful user of your Omnia roms!!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaragüense View Post
ok Back to tips and tricks, I'm a new Android User so I may post things some of you already know, but it was news to me so it may be to some..

: Long press on any widget on the home screen will allow you to move it.(I know..that one is simple but it leads to the next one)
: While holding your widget, you can then use the optical pad to change pages and drop that widget on a page that has space.
: Long press on the HOME key will bring up the list of running programs.
: Long press of the SEARCH key brings up the voice search.

are you joining the Incredible Party BW? I was a faithful user of your Omnia roms!!
Good tips.

Only if I can convince my wife to take my Droid. She doesn't like the idea of another $30 for data though.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

LOL, i am trying to get my wife a moto droid too.. and that is her problem with the plan.

Just found this thread!!

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks...ps-tricks.html

apparently I was wrong abot the long press on home button.. it actually shows the last 6 programs you used.. still useful though.

Last edited by Nicaragüense; 05-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible