PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

whetzel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I must be the only one who returned mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Don't think I will miss the lags , freezes , countless soft resets and limited available apps and lack of memory .
Well said. That's exactly what pushed me over the edge and made me decide to jump on the Android bandwagon.

I couldn't be happier and have NO plans on turning back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I know where the guy is coming from. I used WM for ten years and I really thought I would never leave it because I am a business user, I own a couple of independent internet companies, not a play business, but a business user. The first couple of days I was loving the speed of the Incredible but wondering if this was really going to meet my needs for notes, contact and calendaring syncing (absolutely CRiTIcAL for me), instant market updates and a few other things.

I'm now at day 5 and WM is no longer an option. I'm too spoiled by the speed. Yes, it took a LOT of searching and learning to get the Incredible to do the things I need it to do but I've found the apps, learned where the native stuff is on the phone and its doing it all now. It just does it a whole lot faster.

No need to get on the guys case if he feels more comfortable with WM, we all have the right to our own opinions and to put our money where our mouths are. Its not a personal affront if someone like WM better or finds it better suited for their needs.

I've learned to never say never, who knows, when wm 7 comes out it might be so totally different that I might go back. We all have our own stuff, be comfortable enough with whatever yours is to not resent or give someone a hard time for having their own.

R
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yjbeach is a n00b

I've had the Mogul, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2. I have used No2Chem, mighty rom, juicy. etc.

I Have had my HTC incredible for 2 days now and I can say. Under a 1 year contract to see what android has to offer. So far I like it and as a business User. I think its great. This thing has a better stock tracker and actually purchased some this morning from the phone. It also works well with all of my calendars.

Some people are affraid of change and I understand that...but I embrace it. I have nothing against the Apple they never cheated me out of anything or anything against Windows. I guess you can call me an HTC fan boy since my last 3 phones have been made by this company.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
sorry guys. after a day and a half with android on the incredible I took it back. I suppose that I geeked out to much over the hardware. I am a long time wm user and it just seemed like android would be great for my mom, but not for a business user. thats ok. just wanted to warn others that its not for everyone. its just a more than a little bit iphoneish.by the way capacitive screens may be in or future but nothing compares to a fingernail and a resistive screen for precision.
it's obvious you didn't get the full android experience. I have noticed a lot of people saying WM is more "business" oriented. To a degree that is true if you are a hard core business guy. But let's be honest, we all have access to computers and only a very few of us CAN'T go 5 mins without getting and replying to an email. The only "business" tools WM really has over android is exchange and better syncing. Having said that, that is about the ONLY thing wm has over android or iphone. it's slower, less efficient, virtually no apps/games, no widget support, and the entire OS will be obsolete in less than a year when winpho7 (aka iPhone/android jr.) comes out. This coming from someone who owns the greatest WM phone that has ever been.

Quote:
Don't think I will miss the lags , freezes , countless soft resets and limited available apps and lack of memory .
to be fair, my HD2 has none of that stuff except lack of apps. with a snapdragon sporting sick ram, this thing is lightning fast and I don't have to soft-reset it virtually ever. I think winmo's problems were that the OS was so inefficient and demanding that until a snapdragon was used it was just too much wear and hogged too many resources to ever be "smooth" but my HD2 is very responsive.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: I must be the only one who returned mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
it's obvious you didn't get the full android experience. I have noticed a lot of people saying WM is more "business" oriented. To a degree that is true if you are a hard core business guy. But let's be honest, we all have access to computers and only a very few of us CAN'T go 5 mins without getting and replying to an email. The only "business" tools WM really has over android is exchange and better syncing. Having said that, that is about the ONLY thing wm has over android or iphone. it's slower, less efficient, virtually no apps/games, no widget support, and the entire OS will be obsolete in less than a year when winpho7 (aka iPhone/android jr.) comes out. This coming from someone who owns the greatest WM phone that has ever been.

to be fair, my HD2 has none of that stuff except lack of apps. with a snapdragon sporting sick ram, this thing is lightning fast and I don't have to soft-reset it virtually ever. I think winmo's problems were that the OS was so inefficient and demanding that until a snapdragon was used it was just too much wear and hogged too many resources to ever be "smooth" but my HD2 is very responsive.
There is no HD2 or any other wm phone on VZW that has a Snapdragon processor , so enough said , wm on vzw is slow , laggy , and has to be reset.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Back
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
There is no HD2 or any other wm phone on VZW that has a Snapdragon processor , so enough said , wm on vzw is slow , laggy , and has to be reset.
well theres the lg fathom that just came out with a snapdragon on vzw checked it out today...and my 15 minute review is, dont waste your time smae ol stuff just a different phone. maybe its becuase its lg but the snapdragon just wasnt very impressive and was barely faster than the imagio next to it. for what its worth the tp2 is the pinnacle of winmo on verizon.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Re: I must be the only one who returned mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
well theres the lg fathom that just came out with a snapdragon on vzw checked it out today...and my 15 minute review is, dont waste your time smae ol stuff just a different phone. maybe its becuase its lg but the snapdragon just wasnt very impressive and was barely faster than the imagio next to it. for what its worth the tp2 is the pinnacle of winmo on verizon.
My bad , but I only use HTC phones.
More power to lg , figgures it's a dud.

Sent from my Droid Incredible with Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Back
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

yeah it really is along with the kin phones. i went over to them, looked at the keyboard and didnt even bother with them, terrible pieces of hardware!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Almost a VIP

Smile Re: I must be the only one who returned mine

Over the years HTC has had the highly rated smartphones so I have stuck with them. They finally built a great smartphone with the Incredible and I am glad I bought it . It can only get greater with Froyo 2.2 .
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

joe50000 is a n00b

I'm a big time tweaker and I hate windows mobile. There are just too many problems with an OS that was clearly based off a desktop OS that's been translated to a phone. It's just not designed well. I'm not a big fan of any operating system other than Symbian though. The iphone OS is easy to use and flashy, but it's slow as hell and you can't multitask yet. Even the upcoming multitasking is going to be developer-oriented, not user-oriented, so many apps won't be able to take advantage of increased processor usage allocation. The BB OS is nice, but it's not powerful enough to match the hardware of a smartphone. And android isn't really an OS to me, just a skin of a really really weak OS that can't properly manage files, memory, or other system resources. The Incredible might be fast when it's being tested by non-hardcore users and tech reviewers, but day to day it's a weak OS. Hopefully Froyo fixes all that.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible