PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
xImapPusher - so far the best push mail solution

The problem I have with ImapPusher 0.61 is: Socket error every 4.5 minutes or so and it won't recover from this error. Turned out the Sleep() function was the cause: it simply pauses until I turn the screen on.

As for the socket error, it seems that WM times out socket after 4.5 minutes. I think that's why MS Live push always sends out heartbeat every 4.5 minutes.

So far this version works very reliable on my HTC Diamond with Verizon, no problem at all. It'll starts data connection automatically, so no problem to start it automatically after a reboot.

If the data connection is lost, the connection and push will be automatically recovered at the next refresh. The only condition is: the screen must be turned on at the moment for a (re)connecting.

I think this great IMAP push is finally as perfect as possible, thanking to the original programmer and camro on xda-developers.

Why not just use Gmail's Exchange direct push? 1) It's still in beta and not reliable enough to be usable; 2) Even if it is stable, it can use gmail address only, cannot use one of your other accounts; 3) Too much battery drain; 4) Only one account sync.

More details here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=519049

[update]Added a new version below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xImapPush.zip (38.4 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Fixup; 11-10-2009 at 08:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: xImapPusher - so far the best push mail solution

If you got a web server anywhere that uses PHP you can set up Z-Push on it. You can even set up your local PC provided you port forward 80 to your server. I tried it out and it actually works good.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

can you use z-push with more than one email acct? i have 3 email accts, 2 gmail and 1 school
Old 11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
can you use z-push with more than one email acct? i have 3 email accts, 2 gmail and 1 school
Well you can only use one ActiveSync account at once but you could have the Gmail pull off the school and forward the other one to the Gmail so you can have it work.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This is the latest version, fixed a bug that made the service to quit.

Yes, ImapPusher can be used to sync multiple imap idle accounts.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xImapPusher.zip (38.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Fixup; 11-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
If you got a web server anywhere that uses PHP you can set up Z-Push on it. You can even set up your local PC provided you port forward 80 to your server. I tried it out and it actually works good.
Thank you! This z-push is all I wanted!

Although I've made the ImapPusher as perfect as possible, I still give it up because there is a big problem I cannot do anything about it: WM closes sockets after 4.5 minutes. Battery life hurts. Live push (HotMail) is the same, ActiveSync does not have this issue.

I made some simple changes to z-push for gmail: 1) use gmail's smtp to reply, so sent mail does not go to other folders; 2) use any email address not just gmail address as from and reply-to; 3) deleted messages goes into Trash instead of Archive.

This is the great thing about open source - you can make it to work exactly the way you want. With z-push, Exchange now is perfect for Exhange and any IMAP.

The only downside about z-push: it polls every 5 seconds (I changed to 15) to the IMAP mail server. When I have time, I'll make it to use IMAP idle to sync to the mail server other than polling, by implementing ImapPusher's source code.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

glad to see development being continued on this, left a question regarding the service manager/accounts file on your xda thread.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond