PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Deviyl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"ghost" of diamond

I recently stumbled upon this forum and have been doing random things to me phone all the time. I mess up on occasion and have to reflash and reinstall all my apps, restore my contacts, etc, etc..

I'd like to not have to do this.

Is there any way I can somehow make a ghost or an image of my phone similar to what you would do to a computer?

What I'd like to accomplish is getting my rom flashed and setting everything up once, then make an image of the entire phone. That way, if anything goes wrong from there on out, I can simply install the image back onto the phone and not have to worry about wasting so much time reconfiguring everything along the way.

I've asked a few people before posting here and they said to get a raw dump of my rom and recook it into my own nbh. Will dumping the rom this way dump all of my config settings, apps, contacts, etc? If so, I've done half of this. I've got the raw files. But I've been reading for a good while now and haven't yet found an app or a guide that shows me how to cook raw dumps into an nbh without all the extra "create your own rom" nonsense.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: "ghost" of diamond

A rom dump would probably give you everything but the apps and contacts. You probably would have to use oem's of the apps to include into your rom. I don't know if you can include your contacts as part of your rom. You could just use sprite backup or something similar to restore those.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

You could automate a lot of the rebuilding process with Sashimi. It can reinstall apps, registry settings, put files onto the device in specific places for you, etc. It takes a little bit to get it configured and tweaked for your particular situation, but once done it does the majority of the work for you.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

you could try sprite backup, or spb backup. these seem like they might do what you want them to do. it lets you create an image of your phone and stores them as a self extracting file on your internal storage. that being said, its not always the most reliable method. it works for most roms, but sometimes the roms don't really mesh.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

I keep a copy of my "go to" base rom and the sprint "shipped" rom on my computer, along with an SPB backup copy on my internal storage. After messing around, trying other stuff ... at the end of the day ... I flash "shipped", "go to" base rom, and finally SPB backup. Takes around five minutes, and I'm fully restored.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond