PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Bad battery life or what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
Does anyone else have to charge their Diamonds about once a day? I find that rediculous. I dont use data or anything like that. My friends charge their phones about once a week. They have blackberries and touch screen phones too.

Any way to reduce battery drain?

(I'm on intx 2.5)
I charge once a day.
I also carry a spare OEM battery which is no biggie, pun intended
You may want to do a registry tweak regarding the battery polling.
The tweak has helped me although I cannot give you the exact stats.
I forget the registry setting that has to be changed.
Give me a moment.

EDIT:
Here it is >
HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/Drivers/BuiltIn/Battery
and scroll down to "PollInterval"
Change it to 20000 using Decimal form.
See how that works for you.

This is only one tweak you can do.
As was said before, there are others.

Is intx 2.5 a custom rom? Maybe you already have this tweak?
Maybe the Radio is causing the issue. Can be several reasons regarding the battery usage.
Maybe you are in a poor signal area sometimes, etc., etc.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Re: Bad battery life or what

I had a Palm before I switched to diamond, my palm treo 650 can go one week with 1 hour call a day. Do you know what the register tweak does to reduce power consumption, Biker1?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 PM
N00b

pocketgamer is just getting started

I noticed that battery life was a non issue after doing registry tweak. That being said, I charge every night, just as I have any phone. There is no reason not to. As long as the phone makes it through an entire day without dying, I am happy.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx HTC Diamond

Brighteyes72 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I had a Palm before I switched to diamond, my palm treo 650 can go one week with 1 hour call a day. Do you know what the register tweak does to reduce power consumption, Biker1?

I was felling the same way as you did a little over a month ago coming from a Palm 700wx, but my Palm got so bad on battery and getting calls and call quality making me get a different phone. But since I had my diamond it has only been plugged in 2 times and that was only cause I need the alarm on it, it has been on none stop, wile I was using it as a phone it need to be charged every night with light use and heavy use it would need charging all day long. I now understand why both my phones are so bad on battery life… Signal

So here is what I now do with my diamond, and it has helped greatly.
I flashed the rom and it now lets me set it to 1x and since wile I am home any sprint phone usely goes in and out of roam anyways I set it for roam only. like this I no longer get dropped calls and I would say with the standard battery I could almost go 1 ½ days before charging. Also one of MrObvious threads talked about how to kind of reset your battery. That helped greatly, basically drain you battery completely then charge it over night. Let the battery die a few more times before charging. Also I learned killing my battery that depending on what rom your using the battery icon or what ever its called lies, I was able to make a 30 min call wile my battery was supposto be dead.
Hope this Helps
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 AM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
The Diamond and other devices check the battery systems management. This is called "polling."
The tweak just changes how often this occurs.
I think it changes it from 5 seconds to 20 seconds.
By increasing the polling interval, battery life is improved.
This tweak is well known to increase battery life on the Diamond.
This change does not negatively affect the Diamond's performance.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

jbloggs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessien View Post
Turn off location service. I was having to recharge every 4 hours or so , then turned it off. now can go full day with data checking emails (5 accounts) every 5 minutes.
Wow, I can't believe that was it. I went from 50% battery after 6 hours to 85%. Amazing.

So now the question is does anyone have a mortscript to turn on location services when I launch google maps?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond