PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SoupNazi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth stereo headset? I'm looking for one with good sound, lightweight, stays on while running/exercising, and is comfortable to wear for an hour or two.

So far I have found that the 'DJ' style full headsets are too bulky for running and activities. The behind-the-head style are terribly uncomfortable with an inflexible plastic ring the connects the left and right and digs into your head.

The ear-bud style don't stay in the ear well during moderate activity.

There might be some good exceptions to the list above, but I haven't found one yet.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

sprint_2007 is just getting started
Re: Best Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

I love the Pulsar one. But its the "DJ" style. Honestly, your being too picky. Theres not much out there other than the types you've described. Unless we invent a chip that can be inserted into your brain
lol jk. All the style of Stereo Headset you dont seem to like, but then again thats all thats out there right now??
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

I use the Plantronics Voyager 855. It is a BT earpiece that has an additional stereo ear bud that you can attach. It is very lightweight and has good battery life. There are different size ear gels that come with it so you can fit it to suit. The sound quality is good and it allows me to have a single headset that does everything. Micro-USB charging port so you don't have to buy some funky VPA, just get a new tip for the i-Go.

I got mine from Frys.com over a year ago for $99.99 and it still works great.

http://shop3.frys.com/product/532325...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

I would consider getting the Sonorix C3. It's wonderful since it has a built in mic, and allows you to connect any headphones you want. It also has a nice OLED display that shows call information. There are also a few similar Sony bluetooth stereo adapters that also lets you plug in any headphones, the DRC-BT15, the HBH-DS200, or the HBH-DS220. And Jabra makes an interesting one that looks like a dog-tag, the Jabra BT3030.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

SoupNazi is a n00b

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, they all looked close to what I was looking for. Soup for you!

While researching the Jabra BT3030 I ran across the BT8010 and decided to give it a try. Similar to the Plantronics 855, it has a wire between the two stereo ear units but uses simple ear clips for support. The unit also has a blue display of caller ID, contacts, volume level, and EQ. It originally was listed at $199 in places, but It is on sale for $44.95 at this link:
http://www.shopcell.com/itemdetail.asp?Item=BT8010ALL
Old 12-28-2008, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xanekka is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, they all looked close to what I was looking for. Soup for you!

While researching the Jabra BT3030 I ran across the BT8010 and decided to give it a try. Similar to the Plantronics 855, it has a wire between the two stereo ear units but uses simple ear clips for support. The unit also has a blue display of caller ID, contacts, volume level, and EQ. It originally was listed at $199 in places, but It is on sale for $44.95 at this link:
http://www.shopcell.com/itemdetail.asp?Item=BT8010ALL
Can you please tell me how it works out? Coz I am looking for the exact same thing. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i use anLG Bluetooth Stereo Headset HBS-200from Verizon Wireless it is behind the ear but has rubber that is flexable so no ear hurtings going on and they fold up. the only down side is they do not use a usb cable but the lg usb cable to sharge or the lg charger which is non usb. I like usb charging

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=1682

Last edited by caleb02; 12-28-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dewild1 is just getting started

855 is the best. Use black ends for best base.. I have tried over 5.. ((including BT8010 with rom upgrade, and the big ear muffs, etc))
Hands down, 855 kicks ***. Use Jawbone as backup..
Old 12-28-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

Motorola HT820. They can be had dirt cheap and they have above-average SQ with no fitment issues. Just crazy-glue the ear cushions to the actual unit and you'll be fine. The Plantronics Pulsar 590A is the most versatile of the bunch but its overly expensive and bulky. I used to work in one of those Airport electronic stores so I got to try all of the earpieces out. I hate the Plantronics 855 with a passion... steer clear of that one. The Motorola S9 is nice, but I dont like the mushy feeling of the buttons and the fact that phone calls only come out of one ear.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 12-28-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

boomhower is becoming a great contributor

I went through the same thing a few months ago. At the time I just wanted something simple to while cleaning the house, working on the cars, etc. I bought a pait of insignies off ebay for $20. They work very well and the battery life is great. They are very dorky lookink and don't work well if you try and use then laying down. For $20 you aren't doing any better. No I am getting more active again and these things just don't cut fior running. So I am now going to pick up a set of the Motorla S9's. No if you are usually stationiary while listening it doesn't get much better that this set from Sony,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond