PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: AT&T

pastorteacher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Diamond data connection problem?

Maybe this is normal, I have a CDMA touch diamond with cellular south. running mighty rom right now, but the problem exists when running stock cellular south rom too. here's my problem: my data connection simply won't work after a few hours. I have to soft reset my phone for my data connection to work again. its not an issue with my signal strength. i mean, my data connection works after reseting the phone, its just a hassle having to reset it and wait to use it for 45 seconds or so.

any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CDMA Diamond data connection problem?

Do you mean when you are surfing the web etc from the Diamond or when you are tethering with your Diamond?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pastorteacher is a n00b

like if i just want to update my weather, or my stocks, or use opera, the data connection logo will light up for a minute then go dim, and then i get the error message saying, cannot connect to #777.... then it suggests i reset my phone. after i reset my phone the connection works fine for a couple hours. but i have to repeat this about 2 or 3 times a day.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ahhh, I understand.My Diamond did the same thing. I had to soft reset up to ten times per day. I put up with this issue for a couple of months until I got a replacement due to another issue, my touch screen failing.When I received my replacement Diamond, it had the new version of the software and radio and after 2 weeks now, I have not had any of the previous issues regarding soft reset etc. It has been a pleasure
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pastorteacher is a n00b

well, I wrote a letter to customer service, i have a 1 year warranty on the phone and insurance. i want to see if the warranty will cover replacing my phone for free.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member

I went to a Sprint store with a repair department and they replaced my Diamond free of charge although it was for a known screen separation issue. I don't think you will have a problem if you can go to a Sprint store and duplicate the problem for them to see.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorteacher View Post
Maybe this is normal, I have a CDMA touch diamond with cellular south. running mighty rom right now, but the problem exists when running stock cellular south rom too. here's my problem: my data connection simply won't work after a few hours. I have to soft reset my phone for my data connection to work again. its not an issue with my signal strength. i mean, my data connection works after reseting the phone, its just a hassle having to reset it and wait to use it for 45 seconds or so.

any help would be appreciated.

used to have an identical issue on my touch pro. oddly enough, i haven't experienced it yet on the diamond... (running a custom rom)
Old 05-06-2009, 03:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pastorteacher is a n00b

i should be able to duplicate the problem for cellular south...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

They may want to do a hard reset but explain that you did that already etc and speak with the manager if the sales rep gives you a hard time. I don't think you will have any problems exchanging your Diamond although I got refurbished Diamond which was not a problem. It only had 100 minutes on it.
You may want to flash the stock ROM back though.

Last edited by Biker1; 05-06-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pastorteacher is a n00b

oh yeah, i already reflashed the rom and locked it. my only worry is the stock radio. i changed it to another b/c i thought it would fix my problem, but it didn't. all though i do have a better signal now. but can't find the cellular south radio rom for the diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond