PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

JJ 109 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
landscape keyboard

Trying to set up a landscape keyboard. I tried finger key board 2.0 and have it working but no luck with landscape. i tried one of the skins, no luck.
what am I missing?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work
Re: landscape keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 109 View Post
what am I missing?
a search.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JJ 109 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by avgas View Post
a search.

gee thanx....I have done several searches, and Im not having any luck obviously......
Old 04-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

Try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...00&postcount=1

Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

What you have to do is change your screen to landscape then open the keyboard and the skins work. What you MIGHT be mistakingly thinking is that the fact you have a landscape skin the keyboard opens in landscape automaticaly. This is not true (TouchPro opens landscape when the physical keyboard is drawn out but not the soft keyboard). It is not built in to automatically rotate screen. So your search should be on what method you want to use to rotate screen.... gsensor style or manual/keypress or software/exe file. Once you're in the program you want, then rotate screen, your keyboards will work.

One way to test, is to use Opera.. since it is one of the few programs that auto rotate screen, then once rotated (remember you have to have your screen in landscape first always) click on search or nav bar or something that requires text entry... keyboard should come up in landscape veiw. If it doesn't autopop you should see a symbol in the center of the bottom bar that you can click that brings up the keyboards.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JJ 109 is a n00b

Yes thank you, I have that installed and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvt3 View Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JJ 109 is a n00b

Yes I think you nailed it. I just installed changescreen and ill play around with it a bit and see how I like it. Is this the best program to use? I mostly just want to be able to text in landscape.

Thanx so much for the help. What a pain, seems like it should work this way out of the box!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
What you have to do is change your screen to landscape then open the keyboard and the skins work. What you MIGHT be mistakingly thinking is that the fact you have a landscape skin the keyboard opens in landscape automaticaly. This is not true (TouchPro opens landscape when the physical keyboard is drawn out but not the soft keyboard). It is not built in to automatically rotate screen. So your search should be on what method you want to use to rotate screen.... gsensor style or manual/keypress or software/exe file. Once you're in the program you want, then rotate screen, your keyboards will work.

One way to test, is to use Opera.. since it is one of the few programs that auto rotate screen, then once rotated (remember you have to have your screen in landscape first always) click on search or nav bar or something that requires text entry... keyboard should come up in landscape veiw. If it doesn't autopop you should see a symbol in the center of the bottom bar that you can click that brings up the keyboards.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I use the rotatescreen.exe that I place a shortcut in the startmenu then put it on my 'start' drop down.. its quick and easy and accessible from any screen this way.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

I also use Changescreen, also put shortcut in Start Menu. Be sure to check exceptions if you don't want it rotating on phone, contacts (drove me crazy) but it automatically rotates my phone in the middle of a text, might have to repop up keyboard, but so easy to use, why I don't need bulk of Pro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond