PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

sensibreed is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Panorama Background

what about for the additional backgrounds on xda?

because i keep on getting an error message whenever i try to copy to the windows folder...

"make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory...."

Last edited by sensibreed; 03-19-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:38 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wierd... I really dont know, I didnt have any issues copying the files...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensibreed View Post
what about for the additional backgrounds on xda?

because i keep on getting an error message whenever i try to copy to the windows folder...

"make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory...."
do you know how to make cabs? that would make it quite easy to install and uninstall each background
Old 03-20-2009, 01:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

This is an awesome mod. I made this background of the northern lights. It is CFC compressed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aurora_kuenzli_CFC.zip (227.2 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone know if MightyROM 4.6 supports CFC compressed images?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

anyone up to making backgrounds if people post pics?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

This program looks great, but would it be possible to give me simple installation instructions?
I have copied files, loaded on phone (stock Diamond), but do not know how to overwrite files.
One background program, for all screens, screwed up my phone terribly, so want to be slow and careful.
Are there any other programs needed, someone mentioned Total Commander.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
This program looks great, but would it be possible to give me simple installation instructions?
I have copied files, loaded on phone (stock Diamond), but do not know how to overwrite files.
One background program, for all screens, screwed up my phone terribly, so want to be slow and careful.
Are there any other programs needed, someone mentioned Total Commander.
I just copied the files over using activesync and my desktop. Just browse your phone and put 5c9aa261_manila and 3941bc49_manila into the windows folder (if using panorama standard, otherwise there's just more files to copy if using the special version). Then you put the 3 manila files from the background you choose, soft reset, and it should load on boot. Choose a CFC background if the ROM you're running supports it or a non-CFC if it does not. You'll want to back up 5c9aa261_manila since that file gets overwritten.

If you want to go back to stock, delete 3941bc49_manila & the 3 background manila files, and then overwrite 5c9aa261_manila with your backup copy. I did not have to shut down TF3D first, but if you need to because it says it cannot copy, go to settings->today->items->uncheck tf3d. After you've copied the file, go back and re-check the box.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker

I found a Cab that removes the Scroll Shade... It was on the XDA link on the 1st page...

Here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoScrollShade.zip (158 Bytes, 45 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

Thanks mwalt2 for the instructions.
I have copied all files to phone, but when I look in Windows folder, I do not have the file you said back up. I looked at everything under "5", so cannot do that.
Am I looking in write place - File Folder/MyDevice/Windows/5 ?
Then when you say drop it in, just copy the zips and drop on Windows folder?
This is why I am very leary to make these kinds of changes, could cause myself way too many problems to fix - do not like hard resets!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond