PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help! Can't sync anymore on Diamond with laptop via USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaiNobi View Post
How can I flash back to my stock rom when I cant connect with my PC? Is there a way to do that with a HTC Touch (non-pro)? Also, I know the plug is ok because it charges just fine. The "Sync Data" button on the TF3D settings tab (the gear) is dimmed out and not clickable.

Ive tried hard reset (lost all my apps and contacts), tried turning off the "advanced network settings" USB -> PC settings. Nothing seems to work. It appears as though the ability to Sync Data has been disabled in the registry or something. Can anyone offer some advice that goes beyond what has already been posted in this thread so far?

I should also mention that on the Active Sync -> Connections screen, the only item in the list is ` USB (with the grave mark before it) and not just USB. Is there somewhere to change this or is it supposed to be like that. I dont recall the grave character being there before.

Please help.
Under WMDC, you have the "Allow USB Connections" box checked under Connection Settings, right? To flash without activesync, shut off phone and do not connect to computer/charger, press and hold vol. down, press and hold power button until the tri-color screen comes on. Then connect to usb and flash away. You can flash from teh internal storage if you wanted to d/l a ROM directly to your phone. Read the stickies in the Upgrade forum for info on that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

KonaiNobi is a n00b
Smile Re: Help! Can't sync anymore on Diamond with laptop via USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Under WMDC, you have the "Allow USB Connections" box checked under Connection Settings, right? To flash without activesync, shut off phone and do not connect to computer/charger, press and hold vol. down, press and hold power button until the tri-color screen comes on. Then connect to usb and flash away. You can flash from teh internal storage if you wanted to d/l a ROM directly to your phone. Read the stickies in the Upgrade forum for info on that.

Thank you very much. Even though I was unable to connect at the 3color screen with USB, I was able to get the newest Sprint stock rom and flash back to the original system. I think there's physically something wrong with my phone. Now I can take it into the Sprint store. However, I am unable to relock the phone because I can not connect via USB. Any sugestons on this or am I SOL?

Thanks again! You rock!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaiNobi View Post
Thank you very much. Even though I was unable to connect at the 3color screen with USB, I was able to get the newest Sprint stock rom and flash back to the original system. I think there's physically something wrong with my phone. Now I can take it into the Sprint store. However, I am unable to relock the phone because I can not connect via USB. Any sugestons on this or am I SOL?

Thanks again! You rock!
I doubt they would even notice if your phone is unlocked. They would have to put it into boot loader mode and realize it says SSPL0.43.CMONEX instead of SPL-0.57.0000 at the top. I've read about people sending phones in for insurance claims unlocked and the did not have any problems (you can search for more on that, some are in TP forum).
Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You probably will be fine. But what exactly is the problem you are getting now?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

unclutchable is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to unclutchable

I am currently having this SAME exact problem. I'm on Windows XP with ActiveSync. My Touch Diamond (running MightyROM 4.7) will NOT connect to ActiveSync, nor will it even get detected by my computer.

I deleted all the sync relationships, reinstalled ActiveSync, tried it in disk drive mode, unchecked the faster data synchronization box, and I've even tried it on two other systems (both running Vista). Even in triggered bootloader mode with the USB cable attached, the phone still says Serial. It should say USB, right?

I'm going to flash to the shipped ROM and see if that works. If not, I'm taking it to the store.

Is there anyway to get the DIAMIMG.nbh file onto my phone without having it connected via USB? I'm just going to attach it to an email and download it from my phone.

Last edited by unclutchable; 05-07-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker

KonaiNobi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclutchable View Post
I am currently having this SAME exact problem. I'm on Windows XP with ActiveSync. My Touch Diamond (running MightyROM 4.7) will NOT connect to ActiveSync, nor will it even get detected by my computer.

I deleted all the sync relationships, reinstalled ActiveSync, tried it in disk drive mode, unchecked the faster data synchronization box, and I've even tried it on two other systems (both running Vista). Even in triggered bootloader mode with the USB cable attached, the phone still says Serial. It should say USB, right?

I'm going to flash to the shipped ROM and see if that works. If not, I'm taking it to the store.

Is there anyway to get the DIAMIMG.nbh file onto my phone without having it connected via USB? I'm just going to attach it to an email and download it from my phone.
This is nearly the exact issue I am having, with the exception that my phone says ` USB in ActiveSync settings. When I connect the phone to any PC, Windows wont even acknowledge that a device has been plugged in no matter what mode the phone is in. This is most frustrating, especially now that I have lost all my contacts from my phone and cant sync to restore them

Also, you can download Sprints stock ROM v2.00.651.7 as DIAMIMG.nbh at the following link:

http://www.soulfiresystems.com/rom/

I will leave it up there indeffinately for anyone that needs it.

Last edited by KonaiNobi; 05-07-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah, I already got the file on my phone. Thanks though. My ActiveSync settings also say `USB.

You should have done what I did. Install PIMBackup if you don't have it already, backup your contacts, attach it as a file in an e-mail on your phone, and send it to yourself. Then just redownload it later!

I'm about to flash my phone back to the stock ROM. I'll keep you all posted. Wish me luck... haha.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Lurker

KonaiNobi is a n00b

Quote:
Yeah, I already got the file on my phone. Thanks though. My ActiveSync settings also say `USB.

You should have done what I did. Install PIMBackup if you don't have it already, backup your contacts, attach it as a file in an e-mail on your phone, and send it to yourself. Then just redownload it later!

I'm about to flash my phone back to the stock ROM. I'll keep you all posted. Wish me luck... haha.
Glad you got the ROM file. I have already flashed back to the stock rom and still no luck. I did PIM backup my contacts but they dont come back when I restore them

Gonna try again but even then, it's only temporary until I get a new phone, this sucks.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It seems odd we're all having the same problem. I doubt the flashing back to the stock ROM will work for me as well, but I have to do it anyways if I'm going to take it to the Sprint store.

edit: Should I flash the stock radio? I'm currently running Telus 1.04.05V.

Last edited by unclutchable; 05-07-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
It seems odd we're all having the same problem. I doubt the flashing back to the stock ROM will work for me as well, but I have to do it anyways if I'm going to take it to the Sprint store.

edit: Should I flash the stock radio? I'm currently running Telus 1.04.05V.
I dont think you have a choice, do you? dont all stock and shipped ROMs include the Radio?
But either way if your returning it I would set everything back to stock and relock it just so they dont try to give you any crap over it.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond