PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ismhawk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ismhawk Send a message via Yahoo to ismhawk
Re: MSL not unlocking Sprint Diamond after flash... no internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Agreed. As a matter of fact, I know of someone with a Touch that installed a custom rom (non-carrier specific) and then installed the DCD Carrier cab for Sprint and he was getting no data connection.

Either way, I would recommend not calling the cooks names. Without them, most of us would be stuck on stock roms with all kinds of problems.
i take back my statement about mike and say sorry... im just bitter that i came to him 2 days ago about this and he treated me like a noob and that i didn't know what i was talking about and like he had the jesus rom of all roms or something... i have made roms before in the past and if someone came to me with an issue i didn't downgrade them or say no its not my rom its user related, i looked into it and helped them and was humble...

Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by denttarek View Post
had the same problem ended up reflashing the stock and going into the store where the technician said the esn from the phone doesnt match the sticker and he was wondering if this phone was ever active ,ended up giving me a new one ,ummm interesting i might just go back to juicy 2.5 it was a nightmare for me they actually canceled my line in an attempt to re setup the phone and had to wait till morning for the credit department to approve reopening the account"the stupid technical support"
same here
Old 11-05-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

oolimee is just getting started

I got the correct spc through registry hack but when I try ##rtn# it doesn't accept the code. any ideals?

My PDA History......

Samsung i600 - XV6700 - Samsung i730 - Palm 650 - Palm 700 - Blackberry 8800 - Mogul - Touch - Diamond
Old 11-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
There is a registry hack that works to get your MSL... let me look for it...

Found it:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r
11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r
  • The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows. 826202
mah man!!!!! I got a new replacement diamond today, didnt even give it an hour before flashing lol, but then my internet just wouldn't work (never did work)... couldnt find the msl for the life of me and i hate calling sprint...

THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM! took a sec to find the RMSL in the log but we are good to fly now!

Thanks again Rainfreak! BTW, glad ur feelin better buddy! Anything new on the wheel 2 unlock?

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
mah man!!!!! I got a new replacement diamond today, didnt even give it an hour before flashing lol, but then my internet just wouldn't work (never did work)... couldnt find the msl for the life of me and i hate calling sprint...

THIS WORKED LIKE A CHARM! took a sec to find the RMSL in the log but we are good to fly now!

Thanks again Rainfreak! BTW, glad ur feelin better buddy! Anything new on the wheel 2 unlock?
Anytime bro, glad to hear it helped.

I worked on it for about an hour and a half on Friday and then got suckered into some small tasks around the house with my wife on Saturday, which resulted in my back problems kicking up again.

But I'll be back on it this weekend...
Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

ooo bad news... even tho i got in and everything, my phone still won't connect to the internet...

its probably because as soon as i got this new phone, i didn't give it enough time to start setting up Power Vision and i flashed a juicy rom... i've tried everything even calling tech support but still nothing... anyone know a fix?

I'll be without data connection til my replacement comes in... btw, they don't have refurbs so i'm getting a new one... sweet
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

First and foremost, make sure that the battery is pulled from your old one. Then I would try to flash back to stock Sprint and work on the normal steps. I flashed one to a custom rom before and it failed, then flashed back to Sprint and, followign the normal directions, it worked. Then another flash back to the custom rom kept the data working, for whatever reason.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

i flashed back to the original rom yesterday and till now, still nothing... i really dunno what it could be
Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
i flashed back to the original rom yesterday and till now, still nothing... i really dunno what it could be
Sorry bro... I am very tired and feeling slightly mushy in the brain at the moment, so I am out of ideas. PM me in the morning (to remind me) and let me look at the issue again with some sleep behind me...

Hell, I have another new Diamond in the box in my office and can try breaking it in the morning just to see if we can figure out how to fix it. Success is having a similar issue with no data on his right now, too.

And I am all about trying to break stuff that isn't already broken
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Sorry bro... I am very tired and feeling slightly mushy in the brain at the moment, so I am out of ideas. PM me in the morning (to remind me) and let me look at the issue again with some sleep behind me...

Hell, I have another new Diamond in the box in my office and can try breaking it in the morning just to see if we can figure out how to fix it. Success is having a similar issue with no data on his right now, too.

And I am all about trying to break stuff that isn't already broken
lol alright bro... you really don't have to try to break your other one haha... although it will be helping success out too... i got like 3 days til i get my new one in...

get some rest bro, get that back better

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond