PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mclife is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
active sync won't connect on sprint diamond

My active sync just stopped working. I connect phone to PC via USB cable and no longer get the popup on the phone asking me how I want to connect. I checked the connection settings and see that the option to ask how I want to connect is still checked. I tried to force it to go to active sync when cable is connected but nothing.

Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Re: active sync won't connect on sprint diamond

Might try a different USB port. On my Touch Pro, when I would try and copy large files from my storage card to my PC (Sprite backup files), the connection would drop. I was using the USB ports on the front of my computer. I switched to the ports on the back and so far no problems....
Old 10-31-2008, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclife View Post
My active sync just stopped working. I connect phone to PC via USB cable and no longer get the popup on the phone asking me how I want to connect. I checked the connection settings and see that the option to ask how I want to connect is still checked. I tried to force it to go to active sync when cable is connected but nothing.

Do you get any indicators on your PC?? Connected/Not Connected?

Old 10-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mine always does that on my laptop for some reason. I just restart the laptop and it works. I know it may take 1 minute, but it works for a while after that.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try uninstalling WMDC and reinstalling. It is possible something got corrupted causing you not to connect.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclife View Post

Interestingly enough, I've had the same problem a few times. Once on my Diamond and it just happened on my Touch Pro. Last thing I remember doing was selecting Disk Drive from the USB pop-up (but I didn't select Don't ask me again).

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the USB to PC pop menu back up since then, ending up hard resetting last time to fix it.

Did you ever fix yours?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Have the same issue on my touch pro, and can't figure it out either. May have to do a hard reset, but trying everything but that.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

sandsage is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
Interestingly enough, I've had the same problem a few times. Once on my Diamond and it just happened on my Touch Pro. Last thing I remember doing was selecting Disk Drive from the USB pop-up (but I didn't select Don't ask me again).

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the USB to PC pop menu back up since then, ending up hard resetting last time to fix it.

Did you ever fix yours?
Settings -> Connections - USB to PC
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

i ended up doing a hard reset and all is well. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond