PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Wallpaper - Every Tab

i tried the sprint version with the updated manilla file, and i was using stock sprint theme, with the sprint 3d flip clock, and i followed the directions, and it messed up the clock and offset the tf3d slider along the bottom. it took me several soft resets and re-installs of the sprint flip clock to re-write the manilla file that i replaced using total commander. the smart thing for me to do first would have been to copy the original manilla file to another folder instead of going thru that crap, needless to say i wont be trying this proggie again til its confirmed working with no issues

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Wow Success, that sucks. My question is that I am on the stock Sprint rom, but I have a custom TF3D theme and a different clock, will it work for me?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I had the same issues as success.

I was hoping someone new the name of the default wallpaper and we could just save over it with what we want...
Old 10-10-2008, 08:34 AM
VIP Member

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Wow Success, that sucks. My question is that I am on the stock Sprint rom, but I have a custom TF3D theme and a different clock, will it work for me?
thats a good question RF, but idk, try it maybe? and report how it goes. i think they figured out the problem is the manilla file we replaced determines the default clock and some other things
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
thats a good question RF, but idk, try it maybe? and report how it goes. i think they figured out the problem is the manilla file we replaced determines the default clock and some other things
Well as a matter of fact, I did try it last night. Right before I did a hard reset...

Yeah, it did not work for me either. And I wanted a fresh install for my development work, so when it didn't work I said "Hey, you, and you, and you, come here. I need all of you to hold a button on this damn thing while I push the reset button with the stylus." And that's all it took for a simple hard reset. Four of us...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Well as a matter of fact, I did try it last night. Right before I did a hard reset...

Yeah, it did not work for me either. And I wanted a fresh install for my development work, so when it didn't work I said "Hey, you, and you, and you, come here. I need all of you to hold a button on this damn thing while I push the reset button with the stylus." And that's all it took for a simple hard reset. Four of us...

u should have just went to clear storage and selected clear storage only ding dong lol. but yeah u need a family to get a hard reset done lol
Old 10-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

its actually not that bad to hard reset, you just gotta flip the phone backwards.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

I find a "Button" hard reset easier than on my Sprint Touch was. No stylus needed. Left thumb on volume down, right index on ok button, left index on power button, hold for a few seconds and follow screen instructions(which involves pushing volume up 2 times). I thought it was really weird the first time I did it, but now it's a piece of cake. Now if you want to cancel customization, that's a whole other story.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
u should have just went to clear storage and selected clear storage only ding dong lol. but yeah u need a family to get a hard reset done lol
Nah, I wanted a fresh install of everything, and I don't mind a hard reset. I sync with an exchange server so all my email, calendar, tasks and contacts are real easy to get back as they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
its actually not that bad to hard reset, you just gotta flip the phone backwards.
Exactly.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

with left hand
pointer finger on power
middle on volume
thumb on enter

other hand is completely free for stylus.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond