PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Howto: Landscape any screen

okay so i've seen people can landscape text but its kinda complicated how they explain so i will teach all you how to do it step by step so you'll not be so confused.. and you can flip anything once you figure this out

1. go get PHM reg edit http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
2. after you install it on your phone load it up and go here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/GDI/Rotation
you will see HideOrientationUI click it you will see
Value data: 1
there is an down arrow press it once to make it go to 0
after wards hit OK.
3. at the left top of the screen there is a Start button click that
go to Settings in this screen click "Buttons"
you will see 1. Select a button: and 2. Assign a program
click the drop down look for this "<Rotate Screen>" yes its in arrows.
after that hit "ok" at the top right go to your texts and test it out to see if it worked press the very left bottom key on the phone its the answer button you have to hold it for 2-3 seconds and it should flip, if you want to return to normal mode just hold it again

this works for everything on the diamond it works for tomtom and all the other programs anyways good luck i hope it worked for you if not ill try to help you out.

edit: on the main screen if you do this it kinda glitches out but it can go back to normal if you hold the button..

Last edited by bionic1ball; 09-19-2008 at 10:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

food is a n00b
Re: Howto: Landscape any screen

Yea i did this the first day i got my phone but i reverted it back because i need a button for microsoft voice. So what i need now is a way to add more buttons or at the very least the center button to the list of buttons.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

is there a way to enable the accelerometer to work in all screens?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
the accelerometer no, screen rotation yes.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Yes there is, there's a program called GSen http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403939, however it's a bit buggy as of right now
Old 09-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Yes there is, there's a program called GSen http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403939, however it's a bit buggy as of right now
+1 for the "bit buggy" thing... but I know that they are working on getting it more stable. Keep an eye out on this app as it will be sweet and have too many cool uses once it is running with more reliably.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

xxza is becoming a great contributor

i know GSen supports the GSM version, does it also support sprint version diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Old 09-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxza View Post
i know GSen supports the GSM version, does it also support sprint version diamond?
I had it working on mine...
Old 09-20-2008, 04:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

Lokks is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic1ball View Post
okay so i've seen people can landscape text but its kinda complicated how they explain so i will teach all you how to do it step by step so you'll not be so confused.. and you can flip anything once you figure this out

1. go get PHM reg edit http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
2. after you install it on your phone load it up and go here
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/GDI/Rotation
you will see HideOrientationUI click it you will see
Value data: 1
there is an down arrow press it once to make it go to 0
after wards hit OK.
3. at the left top of the screen there is a Start button click that
go to Settings in this screen click "Buttons"
you will see 1. Select a button: and 2. Assign a program
click the drop down look for this "<Rotate Screen>" yes its in arrows.
after that hit "ok" at the top right go to your texts and test it out to see if it worked press the very left bottom key on the phone its the answer button you have to hold it for 2-3 seconds and it should flip, if you want to return to normal mode just hold it again

this works for everything on the diamond it works for tomtom and all the other programs anyways good luck i hope it worked for you if not ill try to help you out.

edit: on the main screen if you do this it kinda glitches out but it can go back to normal if you hold the button..
so I am using Mobile registry and I found the path but how do you change it in mobile registry? thanks

Last edited by Lokks; 09-20-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxza View Post
It worked when I had the original sprint rom, however it was quite a bit buggy, it wouldn't auto start even with proper shortcuts placed (gave an error) and would only actually work about half the time. When I had the GT 1.04 rom, it didn't work, would always put me into the dialer for some reason (doesn't work with Telus roms) Haven't tried it on the Juicy 2.0 rom yet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond