PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone5
Carrier: sprint

mrmet044 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just wondering

is the diamond really living up to all the hype or is it a bust
Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work
Re: just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmet044 View Post
is the diamond really living up to all the hype or is it a bust
I don't know about the "Hype", but it is what I expected and more. The best feature is the VGA screen. When I put it next to my Touch, it's like comparing VHS to DVD. It is really clear and text is not blocky. I wasn't thrilled with what they did with Manila, mainly the clock, but I just installed the original HTC black theme with the flip-clock and it is beautiful.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Re: just wondering

Its an awesome phone really. It runs many programs simultaneously without a hitch, the TouchFlo3D is silky smooth and responsive.. i love the text message animations. The on-screen keyboards are easy to use and the T9 functions really well in finding the right words. The screen is gorgeous and just a pleasure to look at. The accelerometer is very nifty and responsive as well. Battery life is decent. Doesnt last as long as my 1590mAh batt on my old mogul but lasts the whole day on a charge. The dimensions are that of a Blackberry Pearl, so it feels really good in your hand as a phone.

A few hitches:

The screen is good and doesnt have that squishy feel that all PPCs used to have, but you really have to press down at the edges of the screen. Once you know that its not a problem.

So far the battery life has been sporatic. Sometimes lasting all day, sometimes lasting half the day under the same conditions. Might be the new battery breaking in, only time will tell.

The awesomeness of the TouchFlo3D interface isnt everywhere, and scrolling through WM menus, although made bigger for finger imput, is choppy looking and not as visually pleasant.

The screen is gorgeous at 640x480 but ive encountered programs that dont like the resolution and refuse to format properly.

Overall, id give it 4.5 out of 5
Being a long time WM user, everything on this phone excites me and is very very easy for me to use, but a new user unfamiliar with WM might be confused at the disjointed aspect of the TouchFlo menus and the WM menus.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond