PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

thefdog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Diamond is dead! Cracked screen ends it...

Well thanks for all your efforts 2 Bunny and keep cranking out ROMs for the Diamond.

Unfortunately, I woke up the other morning and my screen was broken. It most likely happened while (uncased) in my pocket and I never noticed it before bed. It is cracked and usable still, but I opted to upgrade. It seems like replacing the screen is possible, but almost as expensive as a new phone.

I moved on, not to Android, but to a Touch Pro 2. I purchased a brand new one used for a good price and now I can continue my sweet deal with Sprint. I would need to renegotiate a new contract with Sprint to move to Android or 4G and it would cost $$ each month. Not gonna happen if I can help it and now I have the benefit of following some of my favorite chefs on a new phone.

Plus, I use ArcMap on my windows phone, a professional level GIS program. It interfaces with my mapping station at work and allows me to use my phone as a high-level GPS unit in a pinch. Lets see Android do that...

Cheers all and I look forward to seeing some of you in the TP2 forums
Old 03-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile TOUCH PRO 2 Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefdog View Post
Well thanks for all your efforts 2 Bunny and keep cranking out ROMs for the Diamond.

Unfortunately, I woke up the other morning and my screen was broken. It most likely happened while (uncased) in my pocket and I never noticed it before bed. It is cracked and usable still, but I opted to upgrade. It seems like replacing the screen is possible, but almost as expensive as a new phone.

I moved on, not to Android, but to a Touch Pro 2. I purchased a brand new one used for a good price and now I can continue my sweet deal with Sprint. I would need to renegotiate a new contract with Sprint to move to Android or 4G and it would cost $$ each month. Not gonna happen if I can help it and now I have the benefit of following some of my favorite chefs on a new phone.

Plus, I use ArcMap on my windows phone, a professional level GIS program. It interfaces with my mapping station at work and allows me to use my phone as a high-level GPS unit in a pinch. Lets see Android do that...

Cheers all and I look forward to seeing some of you in the TP2 forums
The Touch Pro 2 is a nice piece of equipment. Its basically a Diamond with a Card slot, WVGA screen, different (less boxy, more spread out) case, and a hardware keyboard - most of the stuff that the Diamond was criticized for. People wanted the Snapdragon in it (they were talking about it on the podcast), but they didn't get it. Still a shiny, nice, modern looking handheld ☺.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond