PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

williebones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no bootloader

My diamond started rebooting on its own today, get a Microp Version Mismatch 0 error and will not let me into bootloader. Phone will stay up for about a minute then reboots. This is on the STOCK SPRINT ROM and has been on that ROM for a few months without issue. Any ideas as to what can be going on?
Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

williebones is a n00b
Re: no bootloader

no one???
Old 09-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Can you turn it off and then press and hold the volume down button and while you hold it down push and hold the power button until bootloader shows? Then flash the shipped rom and hard reset.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

williebones is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Can you turn it off and then press and hold the volume down button and while you hold it down push and hold the power button until bootloader shows? Then flash the shipped rom and hard reset.
no thats what my problem is, i've tried doing the botton and reset combination to load the bootloader and it doesnt come up, i can hold everything for a full minute and still doesnt come up. phone already has a stock rom on it i just wanted to lock it so i could take it to the sprint store.

figured since i couldnt get it to load the bootloader they wouldnt be able to either so i took it up there yesterday and they ordered me a replacement for FREE
Old 09-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebones
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

no thats what my problem is, i've tried doing the botton and reset combination to load the bootloader and it doesnt come up, i can hold everything for a full minute and still doesnt come up. phone already has a stock rom on it i just wanted to lock it so i could take it to the sprint store.

figured since i couldnt get it to load the bootloader they wouldnt be able to either so i took it up there yesterday and they ordered me a replacement for FREE
Ah, good for you!
I hope you have better luck with the replacement.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo and Hero

Vissago is a n00b

Are they still replacing Diamonds? Or are you getting a Touch Pro 2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond