PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Mighty Rom 4)
Carrier: Sprint

laymanm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help

I have a customer ROM on my sprint diamond and now the phone is messing up. Screen goes black during phone calls and won't come on, it freezes up, clock won't update. Most of the time the phone won't make calls, ring, text. Pretty much useless.

I am trying to put the original Sprint ROM back on my phone but the phone will not sync with windows mobile device. There is no phone listed in the WMDC. What do I do? Please help me.

Thanks,

Marc
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Need help

Moved to Diamond General.

Please abide by this thread found stickied in every upgrade forum and not post there unless it's a radio, ROM, or Kitchen.

Trust me the general forum gets a lot of traffic.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

oh and to help you out

you can flash a ROM from internal storage. (no activesync required)

backup anything you want saved from your Device Storage, this will not delete anything on internal storage.

1) first download the stock sprint rom from here

2) plug your phone in "hard drive mode"

3) extract the RAR file you downloaded, and save the .NBH file to the root directory of your internal storage

4) rename the NBH file DIAMIMG.NBH

5) turn your phone off

6) turn on your phone in bootload mode - Power + VolumeDown + Back holding till it reaches the color bars screen

7) It will tell you to press power to start the update, do so.

when it reaches 100 percent and is done push reset button or pull the battery out. Then put battery back in or wait for phone to reset, it will start up with stock
Old 06-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Mighty Rom 4)
Threadstarter

laymanm is a n00b

Thank you so much! My phone is now updating! Crossing fingers that the bugs go away!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanm View Post
Thank you so much! My phone is now updating! Crossing fingers that the bugs go away!
lol, no worries bro, let us know the good word after the update

You may want to try a different custom ROM as well. Personally I hate wm6.1; my favorite Diamond ROM is OMJ's which can be found here

remember if you ever need to flash back to stock you still have DIAMIMG.NBH on your internal storage so you can do as above to flash back to stock every time.

Last edited by orangekid; 06-16-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: redundanly redunant
Old 06-17-2010, 12:34 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Orange you're so helpful.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I remember when I first joined the site and was asking all my crazy WM questions you helped me out more than once
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:00 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I remember when I first joined the site and was asking all my crazy WM questions you helped me out more than once
Thanks.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Lucky You!
He just told me to go away!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Lucky You!
He just told me to go away!
lol.

he obviously knows whom to help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond