PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Speed Up Your Data!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yep, same here.
Any improvement is good. IMO
of course lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

My system already had the second dword as well. I added the first one Dword and did simple mobile speedtest from DSLreports before and after.

I am on Sprint and this tweak definitely made my speed much worse ! Before the tweek I was getting 800-900kbs, after it dropped to half that !

I deleted the dword, ran it again still about 500kbs, soft reset, still 400-500kbs, soft reset again, still 500kbs. One time performance was worse than 200kbs. Finally after going in to connection manager and setting data connection off, then restarting opera, I finally got back to 800-900kbs ! Whew ! Had me scared there a minute.

Not recommended by me ! Thanks anyway !

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile EvDoing Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
My system already had the second dword as well. I added the first one Dword and did simple mobile speedtest from DSLreports before and after.

I am on Sprint and this tweak definitely made my speed much worse ! Before the tweek I was getting 800-900kbs, after it dropped to half that !

I deleted the dword, ran it again still about 500kbs, soft reset, still 400-500kbs, soft reset again, still 500kbs. One time performance was worse than 200kbs. Finally after going in to connection manager and setting data connection off, then restarting opera, I finally got back to 800-900kbs ! Whew ! Had me scared there a minute.

Not recommended by me ! Thanks anyway !
Why don't you try a larger filesize on the speed test machine. The larger the filesize, the higher the score. Also, if you are in an area with low signal strength, it will be significantly slower, if not fail altogether. According to our coverage map, the signal is supposed to end about three houses down from where I live, but I can do SMS, voice, and very limited EvDo if you sit in the right spot (but there is no point of having EvDo at the house anyway, because WiFi is many times better than EvDo at its highest signal strength, LOL!).

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: EvDoing Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Why don't you try a larger filesize on the speed test machine. The larger the filesize, the higher the score. Also, if you are in an area with low signal strength, it will be significantly slower, if not fail altogether. According to our coverage map, the signal is supposed to end about three houses down from where I live, but I can do SMS, voice, and very limited EvDo if you sit in the right spot (but there is no point of having EvDo at the house anyway, because WiFi is many times better than EvDo at its highest signal strength, LOL!).

- 2 Bunny
I use the largest file on the simple speed test. It fails if I use the smaller ones and tells me to use a larger file.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Arrow MOVING RIGHT ALONG Reply

Quote:
I use the largest file on the simple speed test. It fails if I use the smaller ones and tells me to use a larger file.
Lets do an experiment real quick: Try it on a standard network (either through ActiveSync or WLan), and we'll go from there.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: MOVING RIGHT ALONG Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Lets do an experiment real quick: Try it on a standard network (either through ActiveSync or WLan), and we'll go from there.

- 2 Bunny
I'm doing my tests using my sprint internet connection. Is that what you were testing and is that what you thought this speed boost was supposed to improve? It definitely made things worse in my case!

That is really all I care about, occasionally I use wifi router or tethering to provide internet to my pc from my phone, but that's the exception, not the norm.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned User

Smile Re: MOVING RIGHT ALONG Reply

Quote:
I'm doing my tests using my sprint internet connection. Is that what you were testing and is that what you thought this speed boost was supposed to improve? It definitely made things worse in my case!

That is really all I care about, occasionally I use wifi router or tethering to provide internet to my pc from my phone, but that's the exception, not the norm.
I'm just trying to see if it is slowing things down universally.

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

The tweak I posted won't necessarily show drastic speed increases using speedtest websites. Basically it just makes the portal wider which should help loading speeds. You will probably see inconsistant results with speedtests. The thread that this tweak was first posted in on xda came to this conclusion.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800

DJRyanPatrick is a n00b

Thats a 2mb file on a old htc mogul running on the sprint network.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond