PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Data problems with Android on Diam500 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113456)

lancep93 03-08-2010 09:57 PM

Data problems with Android on Diam500

Well, ive tried for many days now with no avail

i have a cdma touch diamond on cellular south, EVERYTHING works great with Ecclair

EXCEPT i cannot establish a data connection watsoever, i have tried everythin, every build out there even

I need help, is this happeneing on other diam500s? is it to do with apn settings? a radio? or what?

any help will be GREATLY appreciated

horndoctor 03-09-2010 12:08 AM

Re: Data problems with Android on Diam500

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancep93 (Post 1616430)

i have a cdma touch diamond on cellular south, EVERYTHING works great with Ecclair

EXCEPT i cannot establish a data connection watsoever, i have tried everythin, every build out there even

I need help, is this happeneing on other diam500s? is it to do with apn settings? a radio? or what?

Is Cellular South CDMA or GSM?
Have you tried calling your carrier and asking them for help with data?
You just need the appropriate server address the proper settings. I doubt it has much to do with Android.
Don't tell them you are running Android though. ;)

sprintgirl 03-09-2010 12:49 AM

I believe he already stated it was cdma... do you have any prl update, provision settings or update data profile? I know on sprint that would probably fix it... and could send you the cab but doubt it would work since its not for your carrier...I am unfamiliar with cellular south...sounds like mom and pop wireless. if you flash back to stock and hard reset do you have data? have you asked your wireless provider if there is some type of soc code on your account by mistake or did you have data and then lose it all of the sudden?

horndoctor 03-09-2010 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancep93 (Post 1616430)

I was thinking...You could flash the shipped cellular south rom and let customizations run and let it boot. Then you could do your Android install.
Or you could navigate to your connection settings (after you let customizations run) and copy down the provisioning settings. Then install Android and then enter provisioning. :dontknow:

sprintgirl 03-09-2010 02:30 AM

isnt that what i said?

horndoctor 03-09-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprintgirl (Post 1617076)
isnt that what i said?

Not really. What you suggested sounded like a suggestion to just use the stock/shipped rom. That would be fine if he was wanting to run WinMo but he is trying to run Android. Obviously, if he just wanted to run WinMo then he could just flash to stock and data would/should work. I was just trying to help him get data working on the Android OS.
Are you looking for an argument?! :scratch:

Jadall 03-09-2010 03:55 AM

when I tested it on my diamond data did work I used the android from the fearless rom package in the upgrade cdma diamond section in this forum. he has it made up for our phones I think it was 2/16 date build I used last
and yes make sure internet works in winmo

lancep93 03-09-2010 11:51 AM

ok thank yall for all of the replies

so i shud try flashing my stock rom, then go to android?

do i need a diff radio? or stock?

horndoctor 03-09-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancep93 (Post 1617483)
ok thank yall for all of the replies

so i shud try flashing my stock rom, then go to android?

do i need a diff radio? or stock?

If you flash the shipped/stock rom then it will include the stock radio for your carrier. That's what I would start with for now. ;)

lancep93 03-10-2010 01:01 AM

ok i am really about to give up here

i restored everythin to stock AND relocked

i put an android build that previously worked now halfway through the boot it says
cant access tty, job control turned off

and goes no where after that