PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700,5800
Carrier: ATT, VZW, Cricket,T-Mo

gdemi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for help 6.1 on 6700 .

I am in a similar situation, have a Sprint(rom V 2.02) and a Qwest 6700(rom V1.02), carrier Cricket. last week I upgraded both to 6.0, using the PPCgeeks file cric0.rar which creates APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe, I liked the WM 6.0, but found some slowness and also found that I still needed to make all my cricket mods, including PRL, MMS, WAP, etc. (what is the Cricket version supposed to do?)

Rather than troubleshoot WM 6.0, I wanted to upgrade to WM 6.1 and use the kitchen. I tried the kitchen (V 9.05) opening the config file Apache_Helmi_WM6.1 Selections.txt, I made minimal changes, changing the opening splash screens, and adding the first MMS option. I also set the boot rev to the appropriate one (2.02) for the Sprint . All attempts to download the ROM fail with an "Error 120 Country ID error", after doing some reading on this problem I changed the carrier back to Sprint from my desired one (cricket).

I searched this forum for the above string and it told me me my search was below the minimum word length of three.

Whats the point of being able to select the carrier if it doesn't work or just doesn't do anything.

How can I build a ROM with Cricket settings for updating a VZW 6700 and a Qwest/Sprint 6700?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizion Wireless

shawn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for help 6.1 on 6700 .

I am not sure, but I think I remember reading that setting the RUU to NoID fixes the Country ID error.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development