PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   WM6 OEM's by PPCFreak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20098)

PPCFreak 03-04-2008 02:55 PM

WM6 OEM's by PPCFreak

UPDATE: 3-7-08:
-Working OEM version of WM6.1 PIE (if intersted, PM me). I have an OEM of this but it requires moving the files to the PATCHES dir in the BuildOS dir to overwrite the standard dll files.
-Working OEM of Threaded SMS (not the WM6.1 version). PM me. THIS ONE WILL NOT BE POSTED ON PPCGEEKS.COM SITE.
-WM6.1 Threaded SMS: Have seen and played around with the WM6.1 Threaded SMS. Slow and not very fancy. Looks very primitive. codyPPC and Twinky's Threaded SMS are a much better option.

UPDATE: 3-5-08:
-WM6.1 Threaded SMS: It turns out that the copy of what was labeled WM6.1 Threaded SMS is REALY just codyppc Threaded SMS (which in turn is very similar if not the same as the Palm Threaded SMS prog). I will still work on getting the OEM working but will name CodyPPC Threaded SMS (still issues with the base64 binary).
-NetFront Browser 3.5: No Serial Needed
-PocketCM v20b: I have not had issues with the .zip themes in ROM. Others have said they are having issues.

I will provide CAB versions of the software as well. See below for CAB link.

I just up'd a few of my OEM's to the FTP:

NetFront Browser v3.5
PocketCM v0.20b
PIMBackup v2.8 (Note: If your old PIM backup file used an older version, you may not be able to use this version to restore some of your backed up data.)
S2P v0.17 (Slide 2 Play: latest from A_C's Slide2 Collection) This one has been pulled from XDA at the moment due to GLPv2 limitations
S2U2 v0.99p (Slide2Lock2: latest from A_C's Slide2 Collection)
S2V v0.35 (Slide 2 View: latest from A_C's Slide2 Colleciton)
Schaps AdvancedConfig v2.0.2.0

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....PPCFreak/OEMs/

Cab Versions:
ftp://ppcgeesk:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....PPCFreak/Cabs/

Check them out and let me know.

I will try and keep atleast the S2x Collection Updates as A_C releases new ones.

InvincibleLiving 03-04-2008 03:35 PM

Re: WM6 OEM's by PPCFreak

nice work thanks for Oem'ing these up for us! lol

colonel 03-04-2008 04:07 PM

out of curiosity, have you had issues with the themes for PCM not working correctly after building them in?

asaylor 03-04-2008 04:15 PM

With the threaded SMS app how should it be installed? Just unzip and dump it in the \windows directory on the mobile?

PPCFreak 03-04-2008 04:49 PM

asaylor: These are for the WM6 Kitchen App BuildOS. You will need to unzip them to a specific directory under BuildOS\USER_OEM directory at this time (Possibly later on they could be included in the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file).

Colonel: I have not had issues with the themes that come with the new version of PCM. I don't like the standard ones (I miss the themes and colors from 19; especially the all black). I am not too impressed with the contact editor at this time. Can't edit the all the fields that I would like with his editor. So as a work around, I have been using the More button and selected View contact (this brings up the WM Contact viewer. Then I click on Menu and Edit to edit the info in WM contact editor).

hefman 03-04-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 202294)
I just up'd a few of my OEM's to the FTP:

NetFront Browser v3.5
PocketCM v0.20b
PIMBackup v2.8 (Note: If your old PIM backup file used an older version, you may not be able to use this version to restore some of your backed up data.)
S2P v0.17 (Slide 2 Play: latest from A_C's Slide2 Collection) This one has been pulled from XDA at the moment due to GLPv2 limitations
S2U2 v0.99p (Slide2Lock2: latest from A_C's Slide2 Collection)
S2V v0.35 (Slide 2 View: latest from A_C's Slide2 Colleciton)
Schaps AdvancedConfig v2.0.2.0
WM6.1 Threaded SMS (MS Threaded SMS App; Not the Palm Ripped version)Some bugs reported with MMS using this Threader. I personally have not had issues with it.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....PPCFreak/OEMs/

Check them out and let me know.

I will try and keep atleast the S2x Collection Updates as A_C releases new ones.

Very nice! Thanks for the work on these. =D>

Before I try... On the WM6.1 threader, do you know if it has a setting for an email gateway, like the palm threader does? This works very well on the palm threader and I'm reluctant to give that up.

PPCFreak 03-04-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hefman (Post 202505)
Very nice! Thanks for the work on these. =D>

Before I try... On the WM6.1 threader, do you know if it has a setting for an email gateway, like the palm threader does? This works very well on the palm threader and I'm reluctant to give that up.

HKLM\Software\Threaded SMS\Varnish\Messaging\SMS\
String: "SMSEmailGateway"=""

Stock the Email Gateway is blank (like above entry).

pdx77 03-04-2008 05:26 PM

I'm getting a registry error when I try to install the WM 6.1 sms app with the kitchen.

Code:

importing registry file ".\Registry\ffffffff-4290-46c4-9ef9-e797ca961227.rgu"...
Failed to parse value name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MESSAGING!!!
InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-4290-46c4-9ef9-e797ca961227.rgu" within a few lines of line 241.
ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-4290-46c4-9ef9-e797ca961227.rgu"
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

PPCFreak 03-04-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdx77 (Post 202532)
I'm getting a registry error when I try to install the WM 6.1 sms app with the kitchen.

Code:

importing registry file ".\Registry\ffffffff-4290-46c4-9ef9-e797ca961227.rgu"...
Failed to parse value name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MESSAGING!!!
InitRegistry FAILED in file ".\Registry\ffffffff-4290-46c4-9ef9-e797ca961227.rgu" within a few lines of line 241.
ImportFromPackageListStrict: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed importing ".\Registry\ffffffff-4290-46c4-9ef9-e797ca961227.rgu"
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives

Okay. I will take a look. I will pull from my OEM list for the time being. Thanks for the post.

colonel 03-04-2008 05:34 PM

Probably this line:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M ESSAGING]
"4"=binary:AIX2EHrlxgE=