PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: TelkomFlexi Indonesia

w1sdom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to w1sdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemoth View Post
Try to Build it again, And if you don't have a carrier choose Generic and choose NoID RUU.

PRJ??

You mean PRL? What about?
You can read above.
I mean is the files under C:\BuildOS\TOOLS\HTC64_Extended_ROM_Tool. Actually I'm still worrying to update my Apache since I'm rookie here, and I don't know what should I do if the update process is fail.... I'm reading the PDF documentation now. It will be nice if you can share ur experience to me...
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1sdom View Post
When I run Helmi kitchen with BuildOS, I've got "unknown carrier type" message. What is the meaning of that..? Should I skip that message? What about the prj file? It seem like there are operator or carrier name, since my Apache wa unlocked, what should I do with the kitchen?

Thanks
It means you didn't select a carrier in the Carrier combobox on the toolbar. Once you select your carrier there (you should still select your carrier in the carrier section as well), you won't be prompted for a .prj file.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Tricom
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Nehemoth Send a message via Skype™ to Nehemoth
Quote:
I mean is the files under C:\BuildOS\TOOLS\HTC64_Extended_ROM_Tool. Actually I'm still worrying to update my Apache since I'm rookie here, and I don't know what should I do if the update process is fail.... I'm reading the PDF documentation now. It will be nice if you can share ur experience to me...
Well I can tell ya that is good to read, but the documentation is all.

Right now is more easy use the process.

Just download the two files
Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe
PPCGeeks_OEM.rar

Run the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe, let it uncompress in the root (C:\), after that copy the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar inside the folder BuildOS which was created when you uncompress the Helmi... file, after that run the shortcut named PPC-BuildOS which should be in your desktop.

After that you should begin to select what you want (Don't worry if you don't know the applications just put the mouse above every line and a short description will be show).

after you finished to select what you want, hit the green play button and the application will begin to create an special WM6 ROM with your selection of application.

after the the process finished it will ask you to go in bootloader mode, for that Just Press the combination Record + on/off + Reset button (an image will appear in the screen and help you localized those button) after the process has finished you will have to reset your device, again an image with how to do that will appear at your screen.

After that in some seconds you will be enjoy it your new WM6.

Hope you could help you.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Lurker

w1sdom is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemoth View Post
Well I can tell ya that is good to read, but the documentation is all.

Right now is more easy use the process.

Just download the two files
Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe
PPCGeeks_OEM.rar

Run the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe, let it uncompress in the root (C:\), after that copy the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar inside the folder BuildOS which was created when you uncompress the Helmi... file, after that run the shortcut named PPC-BuildOS which should be in your desktop.

After that you should begin to select what you want (Don't worry if you don't know the applications just put the mouse above every line and a short description will be show).

after you finished to select what you want, hit the green play button and the application will begin to create an special WM6 ROM with your selection of application.

after the the process finished it will ask you to go in bootloader mode, for that Just Press the combination Record + on/off + Reset button (an image will appear in the screen and help you localized those button) after the process has finished you will have to reset your device, again an image with how to do that will appear at your screen.

After that in some seconds you will be enjoy it your new WM6.

Hope you could help you.
Thanks for the share..
Is it a way for backing up our rom before upgrade to WM6?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Quote:
Thanks for the share..
Is it a way for backing up our rom before upgrade to WM6?
Do no thing so, but still you will not need it, you can search for the rom that you already have online.

My problems looks like in my PC.

I already formated, tomorrow in the work I will try to sync.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nehemoth is a n00b
Ok, after this all works amazing, are less for a while>

As a system administrator I need to install the Exchange Tools in my machine and all the problems begun again.

I tried uninstalling this, don't worked, Uninstalled Office don't work Neither.

I delete all the info concerning exchange in my registry still the same, delete the profile, same problem.

But now I know where's my problem lies.

Hope this help others people.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Lurker

w1sdom is a n00b
I've been successeded in upgrading my Apache (thanks to Nehemoth, Helmi_c and the team for the kitchen). And no problem with synchronizaton too. The problem is, I can't use my Apache for communication (outgoing call, receiving call or sms). FYI, my 6700 is RUIM enabled, and I'm in Indonesia. Is there any setting I must do related to the carrier, since I can use my 6700 for doing call before upgrading? Please help me...
Old 12-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
I've been successeded in upgrading my Apache (thanks to Nehemoth, Helmi_c and the team for the kitchen). And no problem with synchronizaton too. The problem is, I can't use my Apache for communication (outgoing call, receiving call or sms). FYI, my 6700 is RUIM enabled, and I'm in Indonesia. Is there any setting I must do related to the carrier, since I can use my 6700 for doing call before upgrading? Please help me...
Who's your carrier?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Lurker

w1sdom is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Who's your carrier?
My carrier in Indonesia is TelkomFlexi.
Yesterday I tried using my RUIM chip to other CDMA phone, and it worked fine. So I think that the problem is in my VX 6700.
If there are some setting I should do..please let me know..
Thanks.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
My carrier in Indonesia is TelkomFlexi.
Yesterday I tried using my RUIM chip to other CDMA phone, and it worked fine. So I think that the problem is in my VX 6700.
If there are some setting I should do..please let me know..
Thanks.
Which carrier did you select in the dropdown menu? If you have not already try the generic.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development