PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Jay6700

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Say your applications are designed for PDA phone, and the Treo 700w is a smart phone, thus not compatible.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
I just spilt a galss of wine on my 6700, with the Keyboard open, thus non functioning keyboard. I went to the store, said it "Just stopped working", and they gave me a brand new, not refurbished 6700, No fee no insurance, just here you go.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bkaz is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtbandit View Post
I just spilt a galss of wine on my 6700, with the Keyboard open, thus non functioning keyboard. I went to the store, said it "Just stopped working", and they gave me a brand new, not refurbished 6700, No fee no insurance, just here you go.
I had my 6700 replaced after a few months for free with no insurance. The joystick broke and it was covered under warranty. They said my recent claim was too far out of the 1 year warranty so I had to do an insurance claim.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaz View Post
The 700w runs wm5. You are probably thinking of the 700p or one of the earlier treos. I know I could've probably complained and complained until I got something different, but I'm due for a NE2 upgrade in a few months so I'll get something new later. I also don't enjoy arguing with people and being a jerk over something silly like a phone. I did tell them that I really needed wifi and spoke briefly to a manager, but I didn't feel like pushing it too far.

In case anyone is wondering, here's my take on the treo. So far, I'm actually liking it. I was running the latest wm6 rom on my 6700 and this treo seems more reponsive. I like the buttons better too (especially the dial pad). So overall I like it better as a phone. The 6700 is definately superior as a pocket pc. The treo only has one programmable hard button (mine's programmed to voice command). I can't easily record a memo, open the comm manager, go to the camera, etc... The smaller screen is limiting, but it's not as bad as you might think. The lack of wifi really stinks - I never needed the data plan before. So, I think this old treo will be just fine until something really nice comes out next year.
You're too nice...

I can understand not wanting the confrontation, but I would not have settled for that. I'm not familiar with Verizon's insurance, but my suggestion would be to read your policy and then bring it in to the store. I don't think the 700w would fit the description as a "comparable" phone -- for many of the reasons you cited. Should be an easy argument.

These store managers probably get kudos for keeping replacement costs down, but they don't want these issues escalated. I'd bet if you walked in there with your policy and politely suggest that you'll take it up the chain, they'll fold right over.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development