PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache at a Wedding

Ok folks I finally was able to take my 6700 on a long weekend to Houston Texas this weekend and it performed admirably for the most part. I did come across some issues that I wanted to post here:

1) Bluetooth cuts out when a call is in progress. I noticed that this happened twice to me. I would be in a call and the BT would just disconnect. I would get the beep in the headphone that no BT device could be found, but the call would still be in progress. I would have to turn off the headset option on the phone and I could continue with the call.

2) Phone hangs intermittently. Even so often my phone would just lock itself up. This was particularly evident when I was reading/responding to email. I did have Push Mail option enabled at the time. Another time it hung was in the calendar function. A simple soft reset worked to restore normal operations.

3) Messaging would not allow for the selection of one msg. It seems every so often I would go into the messaging function to answer my email and one email would be highlighted. I would not be able to read the email since it would never bring up the full message.

I think thats it for now. As I said I think my phone did well. The battery life was good, except when I wanted to play music from the SD card. When doing that the battery drained quickly. It did last an entire 3.5 hour trip to Houston though.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-13-2007, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Apache at a Wedding Pt. 2

One other thing....has anyone been having trouble with car chargers? My cigarette lighter charger that came with the phone was operating previously but it does not seem to charge the phone now. The red light is lit up but I never get a charge. Could this be a kitchen issue? I dont think so but am confused as to why this would not be working.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Red light doesnt mean charging, the charging light is orange. Red Indicates power issue or problem, either with the charger or the battery
Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
Red light doesnt mean charging, the charging light is orange. Red Indicates power issue or problem, either with the charger or the battery
I mean the red light on the charger itself.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
spetrillo to accurately help you with your bug list you need to post:

1. Your selections.txt saved from buildos so we know what OEMs you built with
2. A list of any cabs/tweaks you added after the ROM was built

As for bluetooth stuff, there are so many variables there. First thing would be to try a different headset--also ensure WiFi is OFF (they use the same antenna and conflict with one another).
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
spetrillo to accurately help you with your bug list you need to post:

1. Your selections.txt saved from buildos so we know what OEMs you built with
2. A list of any cabs/tweaks you added after the ROM was built

As for bluetooth stuff, there are so many variables there. First thing would be to try a different headset--also ensure WiFi is OFF (they use the same antenna and conflict with one another).
Ok I am attaching the selections.txt that I saved off just in case I needed to go back and figure out what I selected. Only change I made was to add the Arcsoft 4.2.8.1 MMS application to the USER_OEMS folder.

Thanks for the assist,
Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 12-27-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
2) Phone hangs intermittently. Even so often my phone would just lock itself up. This was particularly evident when I was reading/responding to email. I did have Push Mail option enabled at the time. Another time it hung was in the calendar function. A simple soft reset worked to restore normal operations.
I have noticed this too, kinda lagging sometimes. then it picks up, sometimes i need to softreset cause its just froozen. still love it...fast fast

Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Are you closing apps or just minimizing them? There is less free memory then WM5 - you could just be running out of free memory... WM still is horrible at freeing memory on its own, which is odd since its designed to do just that.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
1) Bluetooth cuts out when a call is in progress. I noticed that this happened twice to me. I would be in a call and the BT would just disconnect. I would get the beep in the headphone that no BT device could be found, but the call would still be in progress. I would have to turn off the headset option on the phone and I could continue with the call.
I have been experiencing the same issue of the Bluetooth dropping during a call. While Bluetooth is somewhat weak on the 6700, this is the first build where it would drop during a call. Previously I would have trouble enabling Bluetooth, but once it was enabled it would stay connected. I am on Sprint and have attached the text file of my kitchen selections. I use a Bluetooth headset often, so any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt (3.8 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Are you closing apps or just minimizing them? There is less free memory then WM5 - you could just be running out of free memory... WM still is horrible at freeing memory on its own, which is odd since its designed to do just that.
i keep everything closed. I have pocket plus and make sure there is nothing in the running programs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development